Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

When we've been to these parties, the invite always says- all participants must wear socks (including parents) but I still think people forget - especially in summer, so this is a cute idea. For adults, I would vote for just a bag of white athletic socks for men and women (2 styles) and not hand them out as favors but have them there in case anyone needs socks. I forgot socks once (i didn't think dd would want me to go in with her but she did) and I was grateful my friend had brought parent socks! I like Target for adult socks - I am not a fan of "cute" adult socks and DH is definitely not a fan of them!

I just got very cute cupcake socks at the Target $1 section. They had other ones too.
    Al

DS 10/25/03
    DD 1/23/07

When my son was turning 3 and we did his party at a bounce house, we bought packages of white socks and tie dyed them orange! We are not crafty, but DH helped and we put quarters in the socks and used rubber bands and then just used some orange dye and did it in a big huge galvanized container and they came out great. We used those socks for a good two years afterwards too since we did so many of them and did two sizes for smaller and bigger kids. :-) They all looked so cute in the matching socks running around the place too.
    Mom to R and R

Quote Originally Posted by wifecat View Post
    www.littlemismatched.com has really fun socks!
    love this site and great quality socks!

Free shipping today only with the code NEWSHIP

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I found lots of cute socks recently for $1 a pair at Party City - Toy Story, princesses, Dora, Cars etc.

Quote Originally Posted by houseof3boys View Post
    When my son was turning 3 and we did his party at a bounce house, we bought packages of white socks and tie dyed them orange! We are not crafty, but DH helped and we put quarters in the socks and used rubber bands and then just used some orange dye and did it in a big huge galvanized container and they came out great. We used those socks for a good two years afterwards too since we did so many of them and did two sizes for smaller and bigger kids. :-) They all looked so cute in the matching socks running around the place too.
    what a super smart idea. i love this. great thinking.
    neeley

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmr1101 View Post
    It's just a big space with lots of playhouses... fun for kids under about 8 years old. There are no planned activities during the party just about 1-1.5 hours of free play time and then 1/2 hour for food/cake.
    Here's the link www.imaginationavenue.us

diamond... are you in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area? If not, I would just do a search in your area for either drop-off daycares or something similar. By doing that search I found a few options.
    Prices start around $150 for the party... pretty good to not have to worry about cleaning our house or reserving a park like we did last year.
    thankyou for the info. i am not in phoenix area but on the east coast, but will find out about other options. ty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2