Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Why can't I send money in paypal?

It says i have to add my bank account. I only want to use the credit card and have done this successfully for years, now it says this payment exceeds my sending limit and won't let me complete it. Why?
    Thanks

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Edensmum View Post
    It says i have to add my bank account. I only want to use the credit card and have done this successfully for years, now it says this payment exceeds my sending limit and won't let me complete it. Why?
    Thanks
    do you have your account secured by a third credit card as well? I had something similar happen, and it was because the card I no longer used, had expired and just needed to be updated.

If not, then I'm at a loss too.
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

In the user agreement you approved there is a limit of $2,000.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc.../terms-outside

Sending Payments
    1.Spending Limits and Verification

i.U.S. Users. You need to have a credit card or confirmed bank account with PayPal before you can send any payments. American Express has decided to decline PayPal credit card transactions that are funded with an American Express Corporate Card. As a result, any attempts to register or use an American Express Corporate Card will be denied. Once you confirm an email address and add a credit card, you are limited to a total of $2,000.00 USD of spending. Some accounts, at PayPal's discretion, may have a lower limit. Some transactions, at PayPal's discretion, may not apply towards the limit. Your Sending Limit is denominated in U.S. Dollars. All foreign currency payments will reduce your Sending Limit by the equivalent U.S. Dollar amount. Once you become Verified by confirming your bank account, your Sending Limit will be lifted. Account limits, if any, can be viewed from the "View Limits" link on the Account Overview page. In order to become Verified, you must login to your PayPal account and authorize PayPal to make two small deposits, at PayPal's own expense, to the bank account that you registered. Your bank account and your PayPal account will be considered Verified if and when you correctly enter these deposit amounts on the PayPal website. If your Verified bank account is closed, you must confirm your control of a new U.S. bank account in order to remain Verified. PayPal reserves the right to decide that accounts at certain banks may not be used for Verification.

Mine is doing the same thing! I want to send $100, have a balance of
    $94 and change and it won't let me use my cc for the freaking $5! I also have had the account and cc for ages. I don't know what to do as I really don't want pp to have my banking info.
    Dena

Super Crunchy Mama to:
    ('06) The big guy

('09) The little guy

('12) and the diva

Learning to live with MSPI, FPIES and Food Allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmommy2b View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing! I want to send $100, have a balance of
    $94 and change and it won't let me use my cc for the freaking $5! I also have had the account and cc for ages. I don't know what to do as I really don't want pp to have my banking info.
    If you're at your spending limit there really isn't anything you can do except add your banking info. Unless you create another account linked to another cc under your DH's name. If you're not at the limit, I don't see why it won't let you use the cc for the other $5. I just sent a payment the other day that used my balance and the rest on my cc, and it went through fine.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    If you're at your spending limit there really isn't anything you can do except add your banking info. Unless you create another account linked to another cc under your DH's name. If you're not at the limit, I don't see why it won't let you use the cc for the other $5. I just sent a payment the other day that used my balance and the rest on my cc, and it went through fine.
    It is really weird, it says my limit is more than 7k?!?! And, I just did the same thing (used my cc to pay the difference) three days ago and it went fine.
    Dena

Super Crunchy Mama to:
    ('06) The big guy

('09) The little guy

('12) and the diva

Learning to live with MSPI, FPIES and Food Allergies.