wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Mirena: change in string length

Would you contact your OB/GYN if you noticed a change in your mirena string length? My doc recommended checking it once and a while. I can usually feel a bit of length, enough that it curls. Today I could only feel the tips of the string. Not sure if string length would change as position of the cervix changes...right now it is very high and open. I guess my worry is that if it really is shorter than that could mean the iud has moved positions. Call doc? Wait a day or so and check again?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i personally would not be concerned. i had my strings cut short because dh could feel them... sorry tmi. i cant feel mine most of the time. but it wouldnt hurt to call your ob/gyn's nurses line to be sure if you are worried.