Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Will Target hold a clearance item for you?

A local store is showing availability on a clearance toy I want. If I call to make sure it is there, will they put it aside for me if I say I'm coming there within an hour or so? I hate to pile my kids in the car and make the trek, only to find the item really is out of stock.
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

Binkandabee is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Color me cynical...but if it's a really great deal...I'd be worried you'd be told no by the employee simply because the employee decided to keep it form him/her self rather than set it aside for you.
    DD 07/03
    DD 07/08
    Our family is complete!

viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would say it depends what time it was you called. I think there was probably an initial frenzy where everything that was gonna go was taken. If you called post-frenzy, I bet you would have a better chance. Hopefully you could talk to someone directly in toys, or alternately someone in customer service and you could offer to pay over the phone and then they would know you are serious.

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I work for Target and as of the last thing I was told, we can not hold clearance merchandise. Now take that with a grain of salt, as I work in the pharmacy so sales floor policy fluctuates and we are only informed when we specifically ask.

Last year when they had Britax on clearance I called and was told they do not hold clearance items.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My Targets will not hold clearance. I would not call. I posted in another thread about this, but I've done that a few times and have actually found the item I called about set aside at customer service to be purchased by an employee.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My experience is that they do not hold clearance items.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Thanks, all.
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'd just call and try, you might get lucky. I called to verify an item was at a store the week after Christmas (toy item, already on clearance) and asked if they would hold it. They did. But it also was only at 25% off

iaam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackMom View Post
    Last year when they had Britax on clearance I called and was told they do not hold clearance items.
    I think I may have just gotten lucky, based on the experience of the others posting here. Last year, during the Britax clearance, I did have a store hold the car seat for me. I called to ask if they had it and then went over right away to purchase it. It's the only time I have done this though...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast