Default Help with Pampers box sizes please

So, I'm a first time dad and I'm trying to purchase Pampers from Amazon but the box counts are confusing me.

I was originally going to buy Pampers Swaddlers newborn size, but I can't figure out what the biggest box is.

Diapers.com has XL size boxes (~210 diapers) but it looks like only for size 1 and up. For newborn it looks like the biggest box is 108. For the Baby Dry newborn, the biggest box looks like 124.

On Amazon however, I wanted to use Subscribe & Save and Amazon Mom, but not all boxes are sold by Amazon. Baby Dry the biggest box looks like the 124 count, same as Diapers.com. But for the Swaddlers, there is a 240 and 108 count box but not sold by Amazon.

The biggest eligible Amazon box I could find was 84.

So, is there a bigger box on Amazon I'm not seeing?

Is there a guide somewhere to the box sizes available, like what is Jumbo, Super Jumbo, XL, Big Pack, etc. And the counts on those are different for each size also.

So confused...

Also, anyone know the difference between Baby Dry and Swaddlers?
    Last edited by jiggaman; 01-15-2011 at 01:45 AM.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Slow down, deep breath...

Here's what you need to know:
    the best diaper deals are thru amazon subscribe and save if you sign up for the (free) amazon Mom program. It's 30% off retail. You can unsubscribe any time you want.

The top-end Pampers dipes, and the ones we loved for our infants, is Pampers Swaddlers. Fantastic diapers. Last year Pampers introduced a new material called Dry Max in their regular Swaddlers and Cruisers diapers that many kids developed reactions to. Therefore, the better Swaddlers to get are the Swaddlers Sensitive without DryMax. These are available in sz NB, 1 and 2 only. After that, you could try Baby Dry (that's what we did and they are fine, but not as good as Swaddlers).

Here's the link to the Swaddlers Sensitive S&S option on amazon.com. It looks like if you sign up for Amazon Mom you can get 120 NB diapers for $25:
    http://www.amazon.com/Pampers-Swaddl...5075702&sr=8-1

The reason they don't sell them in larger boxes is b/c most babies wear NB size for a very short time (my small babies did for a month, but many big babies outgrow them in a week or even skip them altogether).

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by citymama; 01-15-2011 at 03:21 AM.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Do you have a tiny baby? one of mine never wore newborn size one used 1/2 a small bag. None of mine use 200 newborn diapers. I would probably buy a larger box of size 1 but ONLY after I bought one regular and tried them to make sure 1. they fit your baby's shape ( blow out SUCK) 2. they didnt cause skin irritation

Never bulk buy a brand/ new size until you try a regular bag. Babies need to size up WAY before the weight limits on the bag in all 4 of mine I sized up about half way through the printed weight range usually do to poop blow outs or super soaking nights/naps.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Phew, okay. Thanks for the advice.

At the hospital they gave us Pampers Swaddlers that had the yellow line that turned green if they peed. From what I've read they don't make those anymore (not sure how the hospital still has them though) but it sounds like the Swaddlers Sensitive still has the line?

My baby is on the small side and the NB size is a little large, but I guess 200 may be overkill. He just seemed to be going through them fast and I didn't want to be stuck without them.

I'll try the Swaddlers Sensitive.

Thanks to both of you for helping me out.
    Last edited by jiggaman; 01-15-2011 at 02:46 PM.

Yes the swaddlers sensitive has the line. My DD is still in size N. She is 8# exactly today and 1 month old. She has gone thru nearly 400 diapers. But she poos A LOT.

Kitten007 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jiggaman View Post
    At the hospital they gave us Pampers Swaddlers that had the yellow line that turned green if they peed. From what I've read they don't make those anymore (not sure how the hospital still has them though) but it sounds like the Swaddlers Sensitive still has the line?
    Just an FYI. Hospitals get specially designed diapers for them. I was reading on Pampers website or their facebook page that they make the hospital these special diapers that are not sold to the public. I thought that was a weird and interesting fact.
    Two Crazy Boys and A Baby Girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten007 View Post
    Just an FYI. Hospitals get specially designed diapers for them. I was reading on Pampers website or their facebook page that they make the hospital these special diapers that are not sold to the public. I thought that was a weird and interesting fact.

That is strange. I wonder if they're better than normal to get you hooked into buying them. Or maybe the hospitals have enough leverage to ask for whatever features they want in a diaper since they're pretty much advertising for Pampers.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jiggaman View Post
    That is strange. I wonder if they're better than normal to get you hooked into buying them. Or maybe the hospitals have enough leverage to ask for whatever features they want in a diaper since they're pretty much advertising for Pampers.
    Nope, they're no better than normal.

For us, they were worse - my daughter came home from the hospital (where they used Pampers) with a diaper rash and has been allergic to Pampers ever since.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle