Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

after reading the posting im so curious to try out the gloves in a bottle. my hands a really dry and i will give this a try!

I read about the Gloves in a Bottle the other day, I definitely want to try it but i'm not ready to place a drugstore.com order yet.

So for now i'm going to try the Avon lotion, thanks for the free ship code pp!
    shopathome.com has 7% back too. I'm going to get their lip ointment and the Skin so Soft bug spray to bring my order to over $10!
    Finally #2 due April 17, 2015

DS - 8.22.08
    allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts
    outgrew wheat!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cuca_ View Post
    I also suffer from extremely dry hands in the winter and was following this thread. Based on PPs recommendations I went to the Avon site to order the lotion. Just wanted to let you know that they are having a special and you can get 3 tubes of the hand lotion for $5 dollars. I also ordered the Moisture Therapy Intensive Lotion which is on sale for $2.99 and gets great reviews. If you order $10 or more and use the code JUST4YOU you get free shipping. If you have an Avon rep you can enter their phone number and give them credit for your order.
    Thanks for that code! I was trying to place an order yesterday (their $9.99 moisture therapy bundle is only offered 1x a yr, their body lotion is GREAT too!), and couldn't find a free shipping code, so held off. I'm set with enough lotion to last for the rest of the yr, lol.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thanks! I just ordered a set of 3 of the Avon hand lotions. I threw in some of their glazewear lip glosses that are supposed to be good and some lip tint (chapstick). It's hard to pick colors online. I have no idea what they'll look like, but gloss is pretty hard to get wrong, so it should be fine. With the free ship code, it was a really good deal. I hope the hand lotion works for DH's hand eczema.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sste View Post
    The solution is a product called "Gloves in a Bottle" available at drugstore.com. It is a miracle product. It is not all-natural (in fact I have wonder what the heck must be in it!) however in my case I felt like it was worse for my health/appearance to be bleeding all over the place. Gloves in a bottle will heal the cuts and cracks so that all the other hand creams can do their job.

ETA: gloves in a bottle is both a "shielding" and moisturizing lotion. Aquaphor will shield but its kind of sticky, gooey - - gloves in a bottle absorbs in and creates a micro-thin, dry layer if that makes any sense. Really, I should go work for the GIAB people I am enamored of this product . . .
    i *just* saw GIAB at my local quilting store and thought "wonder if it's a gimmick or if it actually works". I put a little on from the tester and liked how it wasn't sticky and goopy like Aquaphor (our usual go-to goop for cracked, bleeding hands, lips, etc.).

Guess I'll *have* to stop by the quilt store again and pick some fabric, uh, i mean GIAB up.
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

That's funny, b/c I was reading the reviews of GINB and quilters tend to use it. They have some at a pharmacy near me, so I may have to try it if the Avon stuff doesn't work.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Carmex Healing Cream is great. It's only sold at Walgreens, but it's the only thing I've found that keeps my knuckles from splitting open during the winter months.
    My little leprechaun is becoming a toddler! Redheaded DD 03/10

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

eucrin cream, not lotion. the lotion is nice too, but if you need serious relief, go for the cream. i use both. i use the cream for problem spots and at night. i use the lotion during the day. works like magic.

I just got my order for the Avon Intensive therapy stuff. Nice that the 3 bottles were $5. I have one in DH's office, one in the bathroom, and one on the nightstand. It reminds me a lot of Neutrogena Norweigan hand cream, but less thick and absorbs better/less sticky. Seems to form somewhat of a barrier, must have a lot of glycerin. I also bought some makeup. It's reall hard to discern the colors online. I got the catalog with my order, so I'm referencing that for colors in the future.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

I love Aveda if my hands aren't too bad, if they are then the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula is my favotire.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast