Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Is Hollywood Studios worth it with a 2.5 and 5 year old?

I was planning on hitting HS, I saw they do have Lightning McQueen and Mater there and DS is a HUGE fan of CARS. But I was talking to another mom the other day and she said she would skip it, that there wasnt much there for young kids. WWYD? I can skip seeing the CARS characters if thats it. We were planning to do 4 full days at the parks. I definitely want to go to Animal Kingdom and probably 2 days at Magic Kingdom. We have 1 day left, so either HS, Epcot, or AK or MK again. We are going in early Feb.

Thanks!
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DHS has Toy Story Mania, which is probably my DS's favorite ride of all times. That said, it is the ONLY kid friendly ride in the place, so the waits are often long.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

DHS has the Mickey Mouse clubhouse show, which ds loved. He actually liked the Buzz Lightyear ride at MK better than Toy Story Mania, he doesn't like 3D. We also did a character breakfast at the Hollywood and Vine, with Leo, June, Handy Manny and Oso.

We went to MK, HS and Epcot. HS was our least favorite, though we still had a good time there.

Catherine

I looked at the Toy Story Mania ride online. Honestly I don't think either of mine will care for that at this age. Maybe we will save HS for our next trip to WDW when the kids are a little older.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My kids loved the Honey I Shrunk The Kids play area. They stayed there for an hour two different times. They loved the Playhouse Disney show too. I think it's worth going if you have the park hopper option. You can just go there half day then go back to the hotel for a rest. Animal Kingdom for us was only a half day, so maybe you can do those 2 in one day if you are ambitious!

We aren't going to do the park hopper option. We might just end up seeing 2 or 3 parks this trip and do HS and/or Epcot next trip when the kids are older.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Neelloc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We took my oldest DD to WDW when she was 3. The were planning to do all 4 parks in 3 days.

Big mistake!

The park we could have easily skipped was DHS. She was afraid of the Little Mermaid Show, we kept missing the Playhouse Disney thing, and she had a meltdown before we could do the Muppets or the HISTK playground.

She did however, love Epcot. She did Soarin' once, liked the Seas Pavillion, and the Journey into Imgaination ride. We spent a fantastic afternoon wandering the World Showcase. She liked the Kidcot craft stations, got to meet the following characters with no waiting:
    France: Belle and Beast, Aurora
    Morocco: Jasmine, Aladdin, and Genie
    China: Mulan

We also ate dinner at the San Angel Inn in Mexico. DH took her on the boat ride in the Mexican pavillion over and over while we waited for our food.
    I've got 3!!!!
    2 primary school DD's and a toddler DS!

Neelloc is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    We aren't going to do the park hopper option. We might just end up seeing 2 or 3 parks this trip and do HS and/or Epcot next trip when the kids are older.
    If you aren't hopping, I would say 1 day at AK, 1 day at Epcot, and 2 days at the MK.
    I've got 3!!!!
    2 primary school DD's and a toddler DS!

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    DON'T SKIP EPCOT!!!!!! When we went in June we had the BEST time there!

I would totally skip DHS if you're going to skip a park.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Thank you! Sounds like maybe we should go to Epcot and miss DHS.

We get there mid day Monday. I am going to get a 5 day pass. I plan on going to the Electrical Parade Monday night. Tuesday is at Magic Kingdom. Wednesday Epcot, Thursday Animal Kingdom, Friday Magic Kingdom. Saturday we leave. Maybe we will go to Downtown Disney before we go to the airport.

Thanks!

Also, a quick question. Would you do the Bippity Boppity Boutique at 9am on Tuesday in Downtown Disney, and then go to Magic Kingdom? We have a late lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table on Tuesday and I thought it would be fun for DD to go to the boutique before hand. I couldnt get a reservation at the MK location. Or should I just skip it so we can get to the park when it opens? It is supposed to be a low crowd week.
    Last edited by khalloc; 01-18-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast