Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Need creative Harry Potter party favor

DS1 has asked for a Harry Potter party. It will be a "sleep under" party. I plan on liberally stealing ideas from all the party planning sites out there later today as I put a plan in place. Because he opted for an at home party, it will be "small" by the kids around here standards, 12 boys total. I'd like to give them some type of cool favor. In the back of my head would be Harry Potter pj bottoms to put on. Because we are doing it at home and keeping it relatively inexpesive (not serving dinner), I'm ok with going as high as $10 is per kid, but I just don't think it will be enough for that idea. Anyone have any creative ideas?
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

I have three little HP fanatics here. They would be pleased to get a bag of Every Flavor Beans or a chocolate frog. Both are sold at Borders.

If you are anti-candy, Maybe a little potted plant? Or little stuffed animal owls?
    Allison
    DS 06/02
    DS 03/04
    DS 08/07
    DD 04/12

What about a wand? You could do a wand choosing activity where the wand chooses the kid somehow and then they could take it home. Or serve butter beer (cream soda with a bit of whipped cream on top stirred in a bit) in a neat plastic mug and send it home with them. Invisibility cloaks?
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ast96 View Post
    I have three little HP fanatics here. They would be pleased to get a bag of Every Flavor Beans or a chocolate frog. Both are sold at Borders.

If you are anti-candy, Maybe a little potted plant? Or little stuffed animal owls?
    I was going to suggest the candy too. I bought some BBEFB for ds1 at Borders and they came in a cool canvas bag.

Beth

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Can you make cloaks? Or score some scarves in HP school colors for cheap?
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    What about a wand? You could do a wand choosing activity where the wand chooses the kid somehow and then they could take it home. Or serve butter beer (cream soda with a bit of whipped cream on top stirred in a bit) in a neat plastic mug and send it home with them. Invisibility cloaks?
    I was thinking a wand, too...you could use dowels or even cleaned up sticks...hmmm just thinking

The beans or chocolate frogs would probably be fun, too. I like the idea of serving butter beer, too.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you could locate enough copies of this book, it is great and they can create their own wand.

http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/bibli...80439862653-11

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If tshirts would work do an Ebay search for "Harry Potter WEASLEY WIZARD WHEEZES". The guy selling the orange logo tshirt can make them with different color shirts and he has quite a few different logos that he doesn't have listed on Ebay. I recently ordered a few from him as gifts and they are such nice quality and you can't beat the price.

for $10/kid you could get cloaks from etsy for sure.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Love, love, love the t-shirts. Keep 'em coming ladies, I knew you'd be waaaaay ahead of me on this.

I think we are making wands as an activity. We had a party this summer and several of the kids began spontaneously playing HP using the six drumsticks we had as wands. So I'm thinking I will purchase some cheapy drumsticks and spray paint them brown. Then I will have glitter, sequins, feathers, and gold/silver markers for them to decorate their own wands. I know HP's is stick looking and plain, but I think the kids would enjoy it.

I find etsy daunting to search. I'll try to look up some stuff later, but generally I get overwhelmed and give up.

Eta - yeah, no sewing here. Though cloaks may be easy for some, so not the case for me.
    Last edited by alexsmommy; 01-17-2011 at 06:39 PM.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast