♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default colostrum at 28 weeks?

it's been 3 weeks now since i stopped nursing my son...but just yesterday out of the blue i noticed that there was stuff (colostrum?) leaking out of one boob (enough to visibly stain thru nursing tank and thru my shirt i was wearing over it). Eek. I'm only 28 wks along and i'm surprised this is happening so soon. Does this mean i have to start wearing breastpads for the rest of the pregnancy??

so weird how for me everything is different this time around. my ds was born at 38wks and i had no leaking during the pregnancy whatsoever. also, i didn't have the horrendous heartburn that i do now but that's a story for the BP...
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 01-20-2011 at 09:50 AM.

I had it that early too when I was pregnant with DS. Girl, you are so brave, I am rooting for you since our DS' are the same age and I can't imagine being pregnant right now!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

^aw thanks! fortunately the worst part of the pregnancy (morning sickness) has passed but now i'm in the "i'm insanely huge and uncomfortable" stage now. i cant' believe i have 3 months to go, i'm ready to be done! hehe

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackMom View Post
    Girl, you are so brave, I am rooting for you since our DS' are the same age and I can't imagine being pregnant right now!

For many women, the more children you have, the sooner you start leaking colostrum.
    Sometimes (certainly not always) it can go hand in hand with early contractions and dilation (the same hormone shift is involved). So just be aware of that, and let your doctor know if you notice any of that going on.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12