oneontheway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Which dishwasher basket for avent?

Which basket do you use to wash avent nipples/parts in your dishwasher? And how many does it fit?

Thanks!!
    DS 2005
    DD 2007
    DS 2010
    and a Junebug in 2013

I don't use a dish washer basket. I just put the nipples on the little spokes on the top rack of my dish washer, it works great. I have a microwave sterilizer that I use during the week, so I'm not constantly running my dish washer.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I used one my mom gave me. It wasn't that big. I would most use it for nipples and caps and stuck the rings in the silverware basket with a lid. I would get a bigger one if possible. To dry I used a first years bottle rack which was helpful as the nipples don't dry completely.
    DS 6/09

I used a Munchkin one from Target. It's small - maybe 4 inches by 8-10 inches long? But I could fit at least 6 nipples in the top by staggering them. We bought 2 and I would load one up while the other was drying. I also liked the smaller size of the baskets, because it gave me flexibility depending on what else was loaded into the dishwasher -I could put in both baskets, or just 1 and have more room for glasses, etc. I also bought 2 Munchkin bottle racks to store the nipples, bottles & rings on the counter for ease of use.

DS2 was 13 months when he arrived home and was drinking 4-6 bottles a day. He quickly went down to fewer bottles...so if you're feeding a newborn, you might need more racks and baskets :-)

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't use Avent, but Tommee Tippee.

I use this:

http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Lionhea...5829110&sr=8-4

I used these in the past, but I like that the one I use now is larger and doesn't have the extra section on top that's supposed to be for nipples.

http://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Delux...ef=pd_sim_ba_2

We have the munckin one from target. I think the lid held 8 nipples easily but you could squeeze a few more in between the slots if needed. Then I put all the rings in the basket underneath. (We used evenflo bottles)

It's not as great for sippy cups as the Playtex valves tend to flip in the lid, and you can only fit so many lids in the basket and feel they are getting clean. Mostly I use First Years sippie cups (valveless) and put the lids under glass bowls on my top rack now, but I do still use the basket on occassion.

We use the munchkin ones from Target too. They worked great for us.

I use Avent bottles and I love my munchkin basket for the nipples and the nipple rings. I also have a more generic similar type basket and I use it but it pales in comparison to the munchkin brand basket - I wish I had two or three of them!