Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Would you go?

mom2one is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Would you go?

Let me start at the beginning. I am new to CA. I met K this summer and she has been super nice. She has kids older and younger than my DS. I have talked with her here and there throughout the school year and in September I had lunch with her and met some of her other friends.

I have just been invited to K's birthday party. It is a surprise. Her husband has arranged all of this. We will be picked up Sat morning at 10am and taken over to the bday girl house, where K will learn about her surprise. We will all then get in a van and drive 1 1/2 hours to a winery. We will ahve lunch, tour winery, have dinner, stay at a hotel, come back sometime on Sunday. The husband is footing the bill for almost all of this.

I would like to go, but 1- I don't feel I know her well enough and 2- I have no idea what to wear for such a weekend.

Would you go? Any thoughts? Do I need to get a gift? If so, what?

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

How many people are being invited? I would feel a little funny being invited, but if he made a large net of acquaintances, it could be fun. Do you want to be better friends with K? If so, I would go if your situation allows or at least give her a gift (def if you go take a gift).
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'd totally go! She must feel positively about your friendship if her dh knew to include you. Yes, you should get a gift too.

Beth

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think I would go. First, she must have liked you well enough for her DH and/or friends to get the impression that she would enjoy your company on this type of trip. Second, if she *is* someone that you would like to get to know better, I think this is a great way to do that! Finally, it sounds like a blast! Girls' overnight with wine! Sign me up!!

As for clothes, I would do dressy casual type stuff with a nicer outfit thrown in just in case. No sneakers...maybe one pair of nice jeans. Something maybe that looks like you bought it at Banana Republic maybe.

Report back when you go and have a great time

ETA: I would get her a gift...maybe a GC for a photobook of the weekend.
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

mom2one is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The email I got with details says there is room for 8-9 people to go. I know K, and her two sisters, the person who invited me (N) is going. Thats all i know for sure.

N, who asked me to go, said that her husband was having a hard time finding people to go. He was working on it at night after she went to sleep. I know some who have been invited can not go. So the DH asked N to help him find people who would like to go and know K.

I am leaning towards going. jUst talking it over now with my sister. Keep the gift ideas coming.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

GO! Sounds like a lot of fun and maybe a chance to make more friends!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Yes, just go. Meet people. Make new friends.

Get her a nice cheese sampler to go with the wine
    mom to one sweet little girl born in late '08
    and -surprise!- one sweet little boy born in late '11

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would totally go.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'd go as long as I know a few other people (and it sounds like you do). I agree with a PP about packing dressy casual clothes and one nice outfit.

Yes, I'd get a gift. You usually can't go wrong with a GC to a spa.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

It sounds like fun and it's cool that you got invited! I'd go!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast