Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wet cough could be RSV, my son has gotten that before, there is a test they can do. Croup has a very distinct cough, like a seal bark, it's usually a drier cough but it can come with a fever and lethargy.
    DD 6/16/08
    DS 11/12/09

Strep is unusual in the under 3 age group but not impossible. My DD had it as a 2 year old, and my pedi's nurse and I thought it was a stomach virus for two days. I finally insisted that she be seen. She was feverish, lethargic, and had an appetite but vomited everything that went down. I did not even think (nor did the nurse tell me) to look at her throat.

I noticed you have Tennessee as your location (we are near Knoxville), and both of my babes have had a weird virus during the past couple of weeks. Hoarse, slight cough (worse at night), sudden fever (went away with tylenol), mild lethargy, felt fine the next morning only to do the same thing (fever and lethargy) the next afternoon. DS developed hives on the second day. This virus eventually resolved itself, but the cough lingered for several more days.

I have also heard of some cases of parainfluenza. Not sure what special about that type of flu, and I hope that your DD doesn't have any type of flu! Good luck!

my DSs went thru that this summer. it was their first herpes infection, most "blisters" are herpes, even chicken pox is a herpes virus. Make sure she stays well hydrated. pedia-pops.

And the answer is. . . . .

An ear infection coupled with a random virus. We took DD to the Walgreens walk in clinic this morning and she tested neg for flu and strep. The NP didn't see any blisters or sores in her mouth and ruled out hfm.
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

Good to hear you got her checked out. Sorry about the ear infection! Hope she's feeling better soon.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

So glad it is getting better!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2