Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default What's your 5 year old ds' favorite toy?

Ds' birthday is coming up soon, and I would love to get him something he really, really likes. Out of everything I have bought for him, I would really not say there is anything he loves (including those things he has specifically asked for). He has Thomas train track set (does not play with), legos (does not play with), a huge fire truck (which he plays with occasionally), a toy computer (no), and plenty of other things. He and dd mostly like to run around the house pretending something or other.

My sister got him a remote control motorcycle, which I think he will like a lot.

Any suggestions (or just tell me what your ds likes)? I don't want to go the video game route.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS loves playing dress up. He's 6yo and still pulls out his bin of dress up clothes.

LOVES matchbox cars and his racing track. There are these custom cars that you can build different ways from Hot Wheels. But DS has always been into cars/trucks from a very young age.

Very into legos.

DS got into Star Wars from about 5.5. We have light sabres, action figures.

Building with blocks is a big hit - but I've noticed he plays more with blocks at school and at our gymnastics place.

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My oldest is 5 and I joke that his favorite toy is a stick. But really, he just doesn't play with toys much. The most used things are star wars action figures, and outdoor toys like his bike and rip rider caster bike--well and board games we play as a family.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ds1 loves his lego sets, magna tiles, and most non fiction books
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

At 5 ds really liked Legos best along with board games.

Beth

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS is 5 and has really gotten into Legos over the past few months. He adores Harry Potter lego. He also really likes building with magnatiles. But his favourite toy is paper, scotch tape, a pair of scissors and markers. He likes building 3 dimensional models to play with. He also likes his leapster explorer and DH's DS.

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Super Hero Capes are BIG hits here (3 and 5 yo boys)
    Light Sabers / Star Wars Action Figures
    Playmobil (prepare yourself for a MILLION pieces) We have the castle and pirate sets.
    They are big dinosaur/animal fans and have LOTS of Schleich from Target

I forget where you are but if warm enough they LOVE riding bikes/scooters and the sand box. They literally spend hours in the sand box with the Schleich animals and some trucks.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I asked DS2 who is 5, what his fav toys are. He said, trio (easier than lego), bey blades, drawing, star wars toys, playmobil.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

DS1 loved his cars. We have indoor cars that are used just to ride around the house. He also loved the unit block sets. Building high and long is great fun, esp with mom and dad.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    At 5 ds really liked Legos best along with board games.

Beth

Plus recently he has been asking for a green light saber, he's just getting into Star Wars.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast