nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default If you have STEAM on your clothes washer

what have you used it for? Has anything shrunk?

I just got a washer with steam and am thinking about putting some stinky workout clothes through a steam cycle. Now of course I usually wash them on cold/gentle, so this would be a stretch.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

maylips is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The steam cycle is usually hotter water, so I'm not sure I'd use anything with spandex in it. We use the steam sanitize cycle for bed sheets, sometimes towels...things I want to really get the goo out of. We do have an additional button that is a "steam" button (like an oxy button we have) and I don't think that changes the water temp - if that's what you're talking about, go for it. I use that steam for really stinky clothes like when DS poops through his pj's overnight.
    Mom to my little girl 3/12/07
    ....and boy 8/04/09

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I tried doing the steam with a permanent press cycle and my exercise tops still were stinky, maybe less so. So I took the plunge and I put them in the sanitize cycle (yes hot water and steam) and they came out fresh! I realize that this material is not desiged for hot water, but these are old tops that otherwise soon may not have been wearable.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007