Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Couple of things on my mind...

1: Witches of Eastwick is on. I love that movie.... I forgot how much I loved that movie.
    2: while I am watching Witches- a commercial came on for BeYaz- the birth control pill.
    Do they keep changing the name of it so that people will think it's some new miracle pill? It's still as questionable as it was when it was Yasmin, Yaz and now Beyaz....

3: I love you people on this board.

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I took yasmin when it was new. I don't care how you spell it I'd still rather be pregnant than be on yasmin.

I also love these people. I must I'm a processed 'food' eater and I still hang out here. But then I like a good penis conversation.

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DH heard the commercial tonight. They say it so it almost sounds like B-S. He made some crack about that being an unfortunate choice.

3. You rock.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fortato View Post
    2: while I am watching Witches- a commercial came on for BeYaz- the birth control pill.
    Do they keep changing the name of it so that people will think it's some new miracle pill? It's still as questionable as it was when it was Yasmin, Yaz and now Beyaz....
    And why does someone on birth control care if they are taking folic acid to reduce the chance of birth defects?? I'm waiting to see this commercial again to confirm that I really heard them say that in the fast-talk part.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

I had an OBGYN who insisted I needed to take folic acid while on the pill just in case. She felt the benefits were enough that it made sense just in case of a slip up.

dowlinal is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3Labs View Post
    And why does someone on birth control care if they are taking folic acid to reduce the chance of birth defects?? I'm waiting to see this commercial again to confirm that I really heard them say that in the fast-talk part.
    I was a bit confused by that too.
    A

DD1 02/04
    DD2 01/06
    and twin boys 05/09

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

This is totally off - topic, but is there any drawback to taking folic acid?

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Uno-Mom View Post
    This is totally off - topic, but is there any drawback to taking folic acid?
    That was my OBGYN's point of view. There were no drawbacks only positives if there were an accident and its so easy to get. I take a multivitamin with 400mg and a seperate 400mg pill of just folic acid. I think the recs are now 1200mg when TTC but I'm not sure.

Birth control pills can interfere with your absorption of b vitamins, of which folic acid is one... the low b vitamin issue can be why some women have depression on BCPs.

Then of course if your BCPs fails and you're not taking extra folic acid and your normal levels are low from the BCP it's a double whammy.

My son is a Yasmin baby.

He turned out normal, luckily.

BeYaz sounds like beyotch to me... and that's what BCPs tend to make me, a raging beyotch...

eta - no negatives to excess b vitamins. You will pee out any extra.

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So why don't all women's multi vitamins have the same folic acid dose as pre-natals? That seems dumb.

I'm about to go back pill-wards. Yay, no more condoms!!! (Oops, I just made a liar out of myself based on what I said on the thread I just started ) Guess I'll just stick with the pre-natals I've been on since TTC.

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast