Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

DS1 turned FF at just shy of 3 years when he outgrew the MA by height. I remember being comforted by other posters here when it happened because I was terrified of driving around with him FFing.

DS2 is 18 months and much smaller than his older brother, so I anticipate him being RFing in his MA longer than DS1 (hopefully!).
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

DS is 30 months and 28 lbs, RF in Radian 65.

We were in Toronto a couple weeks ago and had a miscommunication about our carseat, resulting in it disappearing for a day. My relatives had a carseat in their car that they use for a friend's 2 year old - "already installed!" I went to check it out. It was a forward facing cosco-something, with a date of 2000, loosely seatbelted in, no tether. We opted to take the streetcar on what was some 0 degree F weather. I tried to talk them into replacing the seat, but they "hardly ever" use it. Argh....

Quote Originally Posted by natness View Post
    DS is 30 months and 28 lbs, RF in Radian 65.

We were in Toronto a couple weeks ago and had a miscommunication about our carseat, resulting in it disappearing for a day. My relatives had a carseat in their car that they use for a friend's 2 year old - "already installed!" I went to check it out. It was a forward facing cosco-something, with a date of 2000, loosely seatbelted in, no tether. We opted to take the streetcar on what was some 0 degree F weather. I tried to talk them into replacing the seat, but they "hardly ever" use it. Argh....
    Heh...an old Cosco is like toilet paper..if you hardly ever use it, it lasts forever. (No, no of course it's expired, I just couldn't not share that image that popped into my head. I'll have to post a pic of my kid in his cosco circa 1999 for you guys to know why I hate those things so much!)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

I'm bumping this up to say "Thank You" to everyone, DD is 33 months and 30lbs and still RF in her TF, and it's encouraging to read that everyone else is ERF too. I know no one IRL who does and get a lot of crazy looks when I'm getting DD in/out of her carseat at school pick up. The normal here is to turn aroung right at a year (even thought town pedi recs 2yrs) and let your 7 or 8 year old ride in the front seat. DH's side of the family thinks I'm crazy too. I wouldn't have know as much about carseat safety withouth this board so Thanks!
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7