Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Here are mine..

1. Put away 2010 files, and set up space for 2011 files

2. Regularly file, like once every 2 weeks.

3. Open mail everyday and deal with it - I let it pile up and then it takes time to open once a week.

4. My closet - organize top shelf and floor area.

5. Garage - sigh, always on my list. Purge cabinets and shelves.

6. DS's art work from 2010 (yep, still in one bin) and memory box

7. Set up ING bank accounts and auto. transfers

8. Photos!!!! Huge pile that needs to be dealt with

9. Send back volunteer research files, so have space for my class textbooks/notebooks.

10. Go through DS and my closet with season change and purge. I did this before the holidays, and they're still nicely organized. DH's closest is his job.

11. Check into last FSA payment..think something went wrong, and want to resubmit a new claim if need be to use up all our money

12. Back yard - every year we say we'll work on cleaning out the backyard, flower beds and we never get to it. DH wants to redo it, which will be a few years off, but we can do some tidying up.
    Last edited by niccig; 02-08-2011 at 11:47 PM.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Here we are about 2 months into my goals. Here is my progress:

1. sort through, purge, and organize the stack of recipes and cookbooks. I bought Mastercook software last week, but haven't done anything with it. I am planning on putting all the recipes I use in it and then storing the actual recipe books elsewhere.
    2. do something with the bins of school papers. Plans for this to happen are in April.
    3. plan and purchase closet organizer for DS2 Not started
    4. do something with the piles of photos (scan, organize, ??) Am working on this. I emptied a few albums and put photos into envelopes and in a box, but I think I'm going to get the Cropper Hopper Box instead.
    5. eliminate the huge pile of things to sell (sell, donate) Have sold a handful of things on CL lately. I need to get more done.
    6. go through all the kids books and get rid of ones that are never read I did this and sold them at the mom2mom sale a couple weeks ago. I priced them at $.25 each and every one sold. Cheap and gone!
    7. label bins in DS1's room Not started.
    Kris

Another couple months have passed...

1. sort through, purge, and organize the stack of recipes and cookbooks. I bought Mastercook software last week, but haven't done anything with it. I am planning on putting all the recipes I use in it and then storing the actual recipe books elsewhere. I still haven't used the software! But, I did go through all my recipes and cookbooks and donated a bunch of books and got rid of a lot of things I'll just never make.
    2. do something with the bins of school papers. Plans for this to happen are in April. DONE! I put things in 3-ring binders. Hopefully, it won't be hard to continue!
    4. do something with the piles of photos (scan, organize, ??) Am working on this. I emptied a few albums and put photos into envelopes and in a box, but I think I'm going to get the Cropper Hopper Box instead.
    5. eliminate the huge pile of things to sell (sell, donate) Have sold a handful of things on CL lately. I need to get more done.
    6. go through all the kids books and get rid of ones that are never read I did this and sold them at the mom2mom sale a couple weeks ago. I priced them at $.25 each and every one sold. Cheap and gone!
    7. label bins in DS1's room Not started. DONE with his help!

So, I'm doing okay. A couple things are done. I need to get that Cropper Hopper Box and finish up the photos. The closet organizer is a big one and I'm not sure about what I want.
    Kris

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by liamsmom View Post
    I'm pumped! 2011 is going to my year! I'm going to...

1) pack up all the baby gear/toys that DS has outgrown
    2) make the drive to IKEA to buy the extra storage units
    3) clear out the dining room and the catch-all
    4) sell my strollers taking up space in the back room
    5) re-organize the closet in the back room w/ new shelving system
    6) clear off the top of the refrigerator
    7) sort out the organizer in the kitchen that has 3-year-old coupons in it
    8) clean.my.office.
    9) actually get the house picked up enough to have cleaners come in for a deep clean
    Well, I haven't accomplished as much as I wanted to by now, but I have cleared out several items. I've worked on the dining room and my office and made great progress, but things got hectic again and I slipped back. I'm looking forward to the next two months to enjoy my summer and work on the house. I'm afraid I'm going to add something to my list--my bedroom. I need to a) clean it. I can no longer stand to look at it. b) go through my drawers and closet and get rid of the clothing that I haven't worn in years and don't want anymore.

I have sold my strollers and bought Expedits for the living room and DS's room and they rock! I also got rid of the changing table that I had been trying to give away. If I pack up all the baby gear and sort through all of the paper piles my house will look empty!

ilovetivo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just found out about this and I just posted this: http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...light=aboutone

"Get organized today with AboutOne! Safely store and manage your precious information: photos, children's artwork and health, education and home records.

Use TYPEAPARENT code for free year to AboutOne.com (worth $30). Code expires 7/31/11 (Mamasource had a deal today - $8 for 1 yr. - I looked into company/service & found the above better deal.)

review that had the code
    http://typeaparent.com/a-review-of-a...pe-A+Parent%29"
    DD 7 - outgrew dairy allergy 6/13/11 - She had FPIES http://bit.ly/WhatIsFPIES

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Well here I am with an update.....

1. get rid of clutter hot spots in the MBR: some progress here, but not tons

2. get DH to weed through his old clothes: sigh, see above

3. purge finished basement being used as storage area: significant progress! maybe half done?

4. make finshed basement into usable play room : need to finish #3, but I am hopeful this will happen by the end of the summer
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

My end of year update (which is late!)

1. sort through, purge, and organize the stack of recipes and cookbooks. They are fairly organized. I purged a lot and can find things now.

2. do something with the bins of school papers. Done and I am doing well keeping caught up.

4. do something with the piles of photos (scan, organize, ??) I'm about 75% done. I got a good start and got side-tracked.

5. eliminate the huge pile of things to sell (sell, donate) I got rid of a huge amount at a mom2mom sale and through CL. Need to do more this year!

6. go through all the kids books and get rid of ones that are never read Done, but need to do it again...

7. label bins in DS1's room Done

Overall, not too bad! How about everyone else?
    Kris

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I only have a few goals, since that's about all I can handle right now:

1) De-clutter and organize our, "study" (which is currently a junk room).

2) Ditto our unfinished side of the basement. This time *I* will organize it. Last time DH insisted on doing it (when DS3 was a newborn) and came up with the dumbest system that I HATE. Things that I need, he put way in the back, things I don't use he put up in the front, I'm still annoyed with him that now it's twice as much work, b/c he was impulsive and wouldn't wait for me to organize it with him.

3) My friends and I have already agreed to do a 3 family garage sale in June, so I want to sell off as much stuff as possible at that sale.

4) Declutter kitchen stuff, I have a ton of sippy cups and other small containers cluttering up my cabinets, I just need to sit down and throw things out and re-organize.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Oh Gosh, so much on my 2011 list can be moved over to 2012. I need to figure out how to get some things done and juggle my school work, as I'm even further behind now with all the 2012 stuff to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2