Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do brown boots go with gray?

Looking for a little fashion input I just bought some nice new classic brown boots, but don't have a lot of brown items in my wardrobe. Most things I own are black or gray. Would you wear the boots with a gray skirt or sweater dress? The boots are a medium brown color.

Oh, and what's the verdict on black with brown? I didn't really think they went together but have been seeing brown boots with black leggings on people...

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'll be watching this post closely. I'm assuming you are referring to tall boots, right? I recently got my first pair of tall brown boots, and have only worn them with skinny jeans. But, I have a pair of black riding pants I'd like to wear them with but have been hesitant to. I'll wait, with you, to hear from the fashionable ladies of the BBB!

elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yes, brown boots look great with grey sweaters or grey blazers.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I wear black and brown. I do not wear brown with grey.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I dont' wear black and brown together. I feel it's like wearing silver and gold together- they just don't mix. I would wear grey leggings with brown boots, though.

But don't give my opinion too much weight- I am a product of the 80's.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yes, I meant tall boots. I don't wear leggings but was asking more about wearing the brown boots with a gray skirt or dress.

Yes. It'll look great.

mjmamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think since all three colors are neutrals, they match in all combination's.
    Now in my mind, gray is a cool neutral and brown is a warm one and though they wouldn't be my first choice together, I would wear them. I like brown and black better together.
    But..I also think wearing gold & silver together is fine if it's done right.
    SAHM Mamma to 4

IMO it depends on the shade of brown. I wear dark brown shoes with gray pants and skirts.
    Mom to DS born on Thanksgiving 2003

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think if the shade of brown is not dark, it goes well with both grey and black.

Now, in my book, dark brown and black don't go together, but a medium brown (like caramel) looks great.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast