Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Need safe stepstool for counter height bathroom sink

Can anyone recommend a good step stool to help DS get to the sink to wash hands? I'd like to start potty training but our sinks our counter height and he can't get anywhere close to the sink with a regular step stool. We have no Ikea near us, so their stools won't work.

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have the same problem in all our bathrooms - the sinks are really high. How old is your DS? We use a large stepstool from Target that is meant for adults - it has two steps and a rail at the front and part of the sides. It locks into place so there aren't pinched finger worries.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gobadgers View Post
    We have the same problem in all our bathrooms - the sinks are really high. How old is your DS? We use a large stepstool from Target that is meant for adults - it has two steps and a rail at the front and part of the sides. It locks into place so there aren't pinched finger worries.
    He's 2.5 almost. I'll have to check Target. By chance do you know the brand? Thanks!

Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I haven't been through the Walmart baby section, but last time I was there I remember they had stools almost exactly like the IKEA step stools, but different colors, maybe with characters on them, near the potty seats. Check the potty seat area there or at Target, etc.

check the hardwear section, there should be 2 step step stools around. We have one for other uses and the kids love it
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    He's 2.5 almost. I'll have to check Target. By chance do you know the brand? Thanks!
    Sorry I didn't check back sooner!

I couldn't find our exact one, but ours looks like this. I like having the rail at the front. Of course, if I realized that it would be a fixture in our bathroom for many years I probably would have bought one like this instead. I probably still should but that one. At first I really did think we would fold up the stool and put it away after each use, lol. Nope, I reach around it to wash my hands

The upsides are that it is high enough to reach the high sinks, and is very stable. The downsides are that it has quite a footprint in a small bathroom (we can just barely close the bathroom door), and also if you have a real climber they can get into all sorts of trouble with a stool like this around...
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We have the Ikea Bekvam stool for the sinks and the smaller plastic Ikea potty stool for in front of the toilet.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

try target, i'm sure i've seen higher ones there. the ones that we have are from bbb. i don't see them on their site, but they have others that should work.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    We have the Ikea Bekvam stool for the sinks and the smaller plastic Ikea potty stool for in front of the toilet.
    The Bekvam stool would totally serve the same purpose as ours, since we never actually fold it up But I don't think IKEA is an option for the OP.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

I have a two step wooden stool I bought at Target a few years ago. It still looks great. The top step has enough storage for 2 rolls of TP. I can't remember the price but it was less than $30. It was in their kids bedding dept and I think it was either their Circo brand or their Do Your Room brand.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast