Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hoo-boy!
    This week it would be:
    squinkies. WHAT was I thinking??? There is a reason the big box with the gum machine like dispenser was only $2. It didn't work out of the package. Those things are horrible...at least when you have an infant in the house. They are currently on top of the fridge and I pray Lula forgets about them.

The friggin' singing birthday Dora my sister sent. It was a extra that her daughter got (the grandmas were fighting over who got to give it to D Niece). She sent it last week. Lula's birthday is in September. It is SO LOUD. I hate it with the heat of 1,000 suns. If it were quiet I'd actually not mind it being around.

I'm also bummed about the Little People. I thought they'd get a lot more play. Luckily they are almost all garage sale finds, so we aren't out big $$$.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

I returned it right away but - Haba Cathedral Blocks. They looked so neat. But they were awfully $$$. But I thought they might be fun. Hmmmm. SOOOOO little to the set, and they were slippery and hard to work with. I sent them back. DS was like, what's in the box? I said something I bought for the babies, but it's dumb. He wanted to see - he looked and was like, yeah, that's dumb, why would you buy those?

I was like OK, I will consult you before I buy things now.

So when that 1/2 price giant rainbow thread was just up... I almost pulled the trigger... but I asked him and he was like, ehhh... looks kinda dumb... I decided to listen. I have a strong feeling that would have become another "what was I thinking?" purchase. I mean it's cute and all but how many variations on a theme do you really need? We have things that nest. We have things that stack.

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

ITA about the Little People. I have spent about $200 for the 6-8 sets that I have so I have such a hard time just Freecycling the entire lot.

I also regret:
    -Bumblebee helmet for DS
    -Fur Real Puppy (why don't i just burn $40 dollars, at least I won't have it to clean up)
    -Legos (the itty-bitty ones! the Mega Bloks got a lot more play time)
    -Step 2 train table (that $100 toy got $5 in play time)
    -Build-a-Bear---that's great for 2 days
    -VSmile

there's too many to count. I'm from a third-world country. As far as I'm concerned, clothes are legitimate gifts. Tell that to my DS!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsis View Post
    ITA about the Little People. I have spent about $200 for the 6-8 sets that I have so I have such a hard time just Freecycling the entire lot.

I also regret:
    -Bumblebee helmet for DS
    Is this like a BIG full face helmet that makes noise? We got a star wars one for DS and I HATE it. It is always breaking in half (supposed to). It makes obnoxious noise. It takes up so much room in the dress up bin. It really doesn't seem to fit anyone well. But when I try to get rid of it, he has a cow.

I seem to think he asked for a bumblebee one, too, and I said NO. You already have a star wars one!!! (It's white, in my day it would have been a storm trooper, but I think it's something else with the new star wars...)

I have to disagree about the Playskool ball popper. DD loved it when we bought it last Christmas, & still loves it today. I've enjoyed watching her learn to pick up the balls, learn how to start it herself, and now she's figured out where the balls come out, where they go back in, and how they make their way back through. If it's too loud, put some tape over the speaker. We bought it after many, many good reviews on here and I don't regret it one bit.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

7pages is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I regret buying Connectagons! My kids never play with them and they were pricey!!
    Mommy of 5!

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elephantmeg View Post
    re the ball popper, I wonder if some people are talking about this

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-C...6053537&sr=8-4

and other about this
    http://www.amazon.com/Playskool-Expl...6053537&sr=8-1
    We had the Fisher Price Popper Push toy and we liked it. That Playskool ball popper was a present. So, loud and it spewed balls all over. The really rolled far on our hardwood floors. And, then DS discovered he could put things down that hole. Little People mainly. They go in just fine , but are a PITA to get out.

Our biggest opps was Rocky the Dump truck. DS loved it in the store. Once he had it at home. It board him and he played with it all of like 3 times in a year. What a waste of money.
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4