Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How many Legos do you have in your house?

DS likes to keep his Legos in their original boxes so the other day I started adding up the number of Legos that are in each set and realized we have over 10,000 individual Legos. That's not counting the sets that I bought at post Christmas sales etc that DS will get for his birthday. The truly sad part of this is we have only been collecting since Aug. My mom and I have really gone overboard with Legos for DS. Any guess how many Legos you have?
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

At www.brickset.com, you can create an account and keep track of all the sets you have. It then calculates number of bricks, retail value, and number of minifigures. Right now, it says we have 57 sets totaling 10,668 pieces. This includes sets that I have not taken out for the kids yet, and I'm sure it's missing some that we have. It says the retail value is around $1100. Now I definitely did not pay retail for a lot of the sets, but it's still a lot of money. We've been buying Legos for about 3.5 years so I guess it's not so bad when you average over the years.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Amazingly, zero. We do have some big Duplos that are still loved, but no Legos. I'm trying to limit our building sets to Duplos, wooden blocks, Gears! and Snap Circuits.

I was really, really tempted by the Harry Potter series, but managed to resist.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

10 billion + 1. I dunno, I don't count, I don't know which sets we have, but we have buckets of the stuff. Buckets & buckets.

I swear, it multiplies at night.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

More than I care to try to estimate. I am not sure my brain works in numbers that high.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

I would estimate about 8000 or so, maybe 9000. They were all mulched up, and DH separated them out by color into 13 or so bins so he and DS could rebuild a bunch of sets.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

naam is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

WAY.TOO.MANY. Seriously, I don't count. We have several bins of Duplos plus bins and bins of the regular Legos. If I were to guess, I'd say 10,000+.

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Probably over 10,000 easy. I'll add them up on brickset someday and cry at the amount of money we have spent.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Over 10,000 for sure. I'm happy that I haven't paid retail for more than 1 or 2 sets.
    Kris

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ok I put them into brickset and we have 2200ish pieces (19 sets)... since Christmas...

Edited because I forgot about 3 sets...
    Last edited by kristac; 01-26-2011 at 11:30 AM.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast