essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Babyproofing oval doorknobs?

DS2 knows how to open doors now and all the knobs on the doors of our new house are oval. The regular plastic doorknob covers don't work since the knobs are longer and touch the inside sides of the cover so when you turn the cover the knobs turn as well and open the door normally. Anyone have any ideas on how to babyproof them? DS2 keeps opening the bathroom doors and he can turn on the water to the bath!

Our knobs are similar to these:
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Well, now. You can bet a mom didn't design/invent those doorknobs. I'm not sure. I was going to recommend the regular covers for round knobs because the only oval knobs I've ever seen are generally smaller than a normal round doorknob.

I think I'd go with the investment of a few new doorknobs. Either round or levers that can be child proofed. They're generally very easy to install.

Good luck!

Our doors can't be child proofed ... they are slippery old fashioned crystal knobs, #1, but #2 our house is like a fun house and a lot of the door just pop open, you don't need to turn the knob much if at all anyway. Different doors will open or shut, or not, depending on the season.

We found it was easier just to gate the upstairs hallway than to baby proof doors. I'd just get a gate to keep him away from rooms you don't want him.