Default LeapFrog Alphabet Amusement Park DVD?

Has anyone gotten the newest LeapFrog DVD yet? I'm wondering how it compares to the Letter Factory? Trying to decide which one to get for my 3yo.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Dunno, but it's $10.49 with Prime shipping on Amazon right now.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have not seen the new one but I would go with Letter Factory.

We saw Math Adventures to the Moon (also newer) and IMO they ruined what was so good about the older videos.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

The new DVDs are at Costco for $6.99 each. I just bought "Numbers Ahoy" yesterday but the boys haven't watched it yet.

HTH!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

sail731 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Please post once you view Numbers Ahoy. We love the Letter Factory and are looking at getting something new.

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD2, at age 2.5, seems to really enjoy the new Amusement Park letter factory. I have listened to it, but have not watched it because it is in our car DVD. She loves both the original Letter Factory/Word Factory and is so cute singing all of the letter songs. I could not resist the $6.99 price at Costco.

Quote Originally Posted by TamiRuns View Post
    The new DVDs are at Costco for $6.99 each. I just bought "Numbers Ahoy" yesterday but the boys haven't watched it yet.

HTH!
    ooh thanks for the tip. that's a hard price to resist. I just worry that it would be more fast-paced/fast-frame in order to "keep up" with the times, and the slow pace of Letter Factory is one of the things I loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post
    DD2, at age 2.5, seems to really enjoy the new Amusement Park letter factory. I have listened to it, but have not watched it because it is in our car DVD. She loves both the original Letter Factory/Word Factory and is so cute singing all of the letter songs. I could not resist the $6.99 price at Costco.
    Thanks for the mini review. Does it teach the same way as Letter Factory (letters saying their sounds?) does it teach every letter and sound?