Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default another downside to bargains...PLAYMOBIL!

So, it's another snow day. mommy's itching to get out and about...allowing too much tv, and dreading my second batch of shovelling.....

so i found the firetruck and the take along dollhouse i bought and let booboo play with it (and mommy too!). the dollhouse has been in the stash since... 2006ish! (that's before lu was born) the dollhouse is preciously cute. my favorite is the baby-- she has a bonnet AND a bib. so tiny and adorable! absolutely worth the 12.50 i paid...in 2006 (or 2005)

the catalog in the box was 2005 (so it could be from 2005).... it's ADORABLE, but of course, looking in the catalog makes me sad-- they have tons of cute christmas things, but more tempting and bothersome to me-- THE BUNNIES!!!! i don't see the bunny treehouse that we actually have, but there is a whole bunnies line, which, i knew about, but ..... *sigh*

no! i will not spend the rest of the morning looking frantically (again) for various bunny playmobil! i WILL NOT

LBW is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I loved the bunnies, but sadly do not have any. My boys had ZERO interest in them. Sigh.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

and this is probably another reason that everyone said that it was a good thing that i got my girl. she DOES love bunnies in clothes (peter rabbit!!!!)

i can't wait to get the treehouse out this spring... i'm so glad i picked it up when i could!

alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We also are snowed in and I'm desperately trying not to open the church and getaway car.....must not open....must save for an occassion like birthday.....should clean the house instead.

I think we will crack open a Lego set instead....it's a good thing I have 1/2 of a toy shop in my basement for days like these

we also have the church & getaway car NOT being opened (and the pavillion which i think is coming today-- oy!) that has to be for an occasion as it's new , and urm...the church was pretty pricey we only opened 72dollars(retail) worth of playmobil today... ONLY...that makes me feel a little crazy, but i've had it so long and it really helped make our morning fun!

if we were in here one more day, i'd probably crack on the thomas mega blocks set i bought too .... lu's birthday is the 23rd of december, so we have a spacing of gifts issue in this house. but we also have a bursting "gift" closet. (besides just the normal, too many toys problem)

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Seitvonzu View Post
    we only opened 72dollars(retail) worth of playmobil today... ONLY...that makes me feel a little crazy, but i've had it so long and it really helped make our morning fun!

When my husband came home from his business trip and he saw
    our entire Playmobil wedding set-up on the coffee table, his first
    words were, "How much did this cost me?"

I said, "You probably don't want to know. But, in my defense,
    it is being discontinued and it was 25% off AND I got free shipping."
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

corie-- DH is SO spoiled by these boards and my bargain obsession that he always says things like "oh, i'm thinking that was 2 dollars?" the border sale last year really put things out of perspective and now his guesses are just hurtful!

yes, i do WELL-- but NO, not everything was "1 dollar."

somehow my 3 year old goes the other way...if i try to buy something at her market stand it's typically "forty" or "fifty five" dollars

but, the firetruck and dollhouse together cost him 17.50

jvs195 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So after Corie and her wiley ways made me spend $150+ on Wedding playmobil that will go unopened for a few YEARS, DS saw the catalog from the boxes and is now a big Playmobil fan. Oy. So in fear that Jan 31 was the last day of the sale I ordered him the Whale Skeleton last night and DH actually said I should throw in the Church since I'd been talking about it and what good is the caterer/tent without the church? (Interesting thought Mr. Buddhist...) I know in the long run I'll be glad I got it but please don't tempt me anymore...I actually found a bunch in our basement play area that I had forgotten we had (because DS had shown little interest in it) So I'm bringing those back out on the snow days!

i'm curious what was in your basement that you forgot??? we got the take a long doll house out last week to combat snow crazies and the pieces are insane. but i love it we also got out the firetruck. playmobil catalog was carried into the car yesterday and my child was reallyreally studying it. it was adorable...but she is only THREE. i sense this might be a veryvery bad thing for my house THE PIECES!!!!!!!

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Seitvonzu View Post
    playmobil catalog was carried into the car yesterday and my child was reallyreally studying it.

We like to keep a couple catalogs in the car.

How was the 2005 catalog? Didn't you find an old catalog
    in with your Take Along House?
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast