Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Preschool Party Favor- no food allowed

I need an idea to give out at DS's preschool on his birthday in mid March. The teachers discourage it but some parents, unfortunately the one's who's kids have the early birthdays have set the precedence. Food is not allowed to be given out, we are a food free preschool (only the preschool provides food).

So far every child in the class has handed out something, either a BOC, or a single item, the last one was the 1.00 wipe off board from Target (a cute idea and useful). We've gotten coloring books/preschool workbooks and lots of junk.

There are 18 kids in the class..ugh I hate having to spend this money, even if I do a 1.00 item for each kid that's still 17.00 I don't need to spend....

Last year I did bubbles, might do it again if I can find them as it's still winter here but maybe closer to March.

Any other ideas???

Thanks!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Order from Etsy or make your own shaped crayons. Example (I haven't ordered from this vendor):
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/62202608..._type=handmade

I like giving those out because they are small, fun, cheap enough and look neat.

Beth

You could do the play doh mini cans that come in a pack of 15 (I think) from Target - you'd have lots of extras since you'd need to buy 2, but....they also come with gift tags. I also have seen packs of cute notebooks in the Target dollar bins - I think they were packs of 8 minis and they had packs of like 10 pencils for $1 too - I saw Valentine's and Super Hero themes....

mom2one is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

One year we gave each kid the capsule sponges that make animals of some sort. Everyone loved those. Michaels has them in the $1 section, you can also use the sale coupons on them.

S

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Go to the dollar store. You can buy packs of party favors that have 5-6 of each favor in a $1 packet.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Both Target and Walmart have bubbles in the summer aisle. Target was $2 for 6 and Walmart $3 for 8. Walmart also has generic sillybandz, a pack of 12 for $1. Sticker sheets for $1 in the party area.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Temporary tattoos?

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If you hate having to spend the money and don't *want* to do it, you have the perfect excuse -- the teachers discourage it.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    If you hate having to spend the money and don't *want* to do it, you have the perfect excuse -- the teachers discourage it.
    This is a good point. We didn't bring anything for our girls' birthday (and parents are allowed to bring food). How old is he? Does he get that on other kids' birthdays they get to bring something to share and would he be upset if on his birthday he had nothing to bring?

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    Yeah that.

I HATE the whole flock of lemmings bag of crap mentality. WHEN did this bag of crap thing begin??? No one did this when I was a kid. I was totally unprepared for it when my son started school. We don't need any more plastic crap, small cans of playdoh, temporary tatoos, or pencils. I don't want it, so I don't give it. I don't understand this cult of the oriental trading catolog that has popped up.

I just wouldn't send anything, if you can't send food.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast