Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default My shameful house

Does anybody else ever look around your home and think: how can we live like this???

We have good hygiene standards in most areas but, yikes, our house has these little pockets of filth sometimes! Like, the grungy lint that's collected around the bathroom baseboard. Dustbunnies in the hall. Mud by the back door. Old food splatters on the kitchen cabinet fronts. That kind of thing.

It just seems like we barely keep up with tidying up clutter, laundry, dishes and keeping clean food prep areas. We rarely get to that "deep" cleaning stuff.

We do keep eyes on Sprog to make sure she stays away from those dirty corners ... but it sure would be nice to have a cleaning fairy!

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

Oh, I feel your pain. Most of our 'grunge' is courtesy of our two dogs-how two dogs with a combined weight of 32 pounds can shed as much as a lab is beyond me, but they manage to do just that. I'm constantly vacuuming/dust mopping our hard floors and have banished them from our carpets, but it's impossible to keep up with. Now that DD is a crawler I have to admit I'm going sightly nuts trying to keep her out of dog hair.
    My little leprechaun is becoming a toddler! Redheaded DD 03/10

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm drowning in my home presently. I just feel overwhelmed. I have a one year old who is a total and all consuming presence at the moment. I want to make more of the house baby proofed, but what do I do with him while I do it? I want to purge and reorganize and clean thoroughly, but frankly I'm lucky to pee alone once a day right now, so that's mostly fantasy. It's frustrating. I just need a little time but the days keep passing and we are in triage mode always.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Three moves is as good as a fire for housekeeping. I don't know what I'm going to do when DH retires and we don't move every few years. Drown in my own mess, I expect!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMolly View Post
    Three moves is as good as a fire for housekeeping. I don't know what I'm going to do when DH retires and we don't move every few years. Drown in my own mess, I expect!
    Wow, what kind of work does he do that moves the family so often? I love our home but kinda wish we could do the kind of purge that happens with a move! DH is a packrat.

Born November, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMolly View Post
    We were supposed to be moving and now it looks like that is getting cancelled. I'm disappointed for multiple reasons, but the main one is exactly what you said. I know that's the only way we're going to actually be able to get motivated to get rid of a bunch of junk we have laying around! Ugh!

Thanks OP for fessing up...I feel the same way here so many times. We too are in triage mode. I can't get anything done while she's awake, and then once she's finally asleep, I pick up her toys, clean up the kitchen & I'm toast.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Edensmum View Post
    I'm drowning in my home presently. I just feel overwhelmed. I have a one year old who is a total and all consuming presence at the moment. I want to make more of the house baby proofed, but what do I do with him while I do it? I want to purge and reorganize and clean thoroughly, but frankly I'm lucky to pee alone once a day right now, so that's mostly fantasy. It's frustrating. I just need a little time but the days keep passing and we are in triage mode always.
    Amen sister!

Our life seems a bit less stressful than yours, we have family happy to take Sprog off our hands for a few hours. But when they do, we're dying to eat out ... veg out ... or *ahem* ... so the cleaning STILL doesn't get done.

Born November, 2009

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Uno-Mom View Post
    Amen sister!

Our life seems a bit less stressful than yours, we have family happy to take Sprog off our hands for a few hours. But when they do, we're dying to eat out ... veg out ... or *ahem* ... so the cleaning STILL doesn't get done.
    I am alone here, no family and friends have their own little ones. My older dd goes to neighbors to play, but dh works an hour away so I feel like I just can't catch up.

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I want to invite a new friend over. But I went to her house last week. It was really clean and nice. Mine is not clean.

I am embaressed to have her over until I clean. I don't even know where to start. I look at the mess, and take a nap instead.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hear ya! Tidy, yes. Basic cleaning, mostly. Truly clean...never. There aren't enough hours in the day. Can't remember the last time we cleaned fridge shelves, wiped down our white kitchen cabinets, vacuumed or swept inside a closet or under a bed, empty the crumbs out of the toaster.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast