Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You don't want to see my house. DS2 just turned 1 and is still waking every 1.5 - 2 hours every night. On the rare occasion that I can get both DC to nap together I crawl into bed to try to catch a quick cat nap. DS1 is attached to my hip and will not let me go all day so I can't get anything done during the day. At the end of the day when I get DS1 in bed and DS2 down for the first 1.5 hours - I clean the kitchen, brush my teeth and get ready for bed and then just zone out in front of the TV for 30 mins before DS2's first wake up. At this point I've just accepted it's the way we live now and it's not going to change any time soon. (DH doesn't get home until after DC are in bed every night so I'm on my own every day.)

Not that I wish any of this on any of you, but....

....I am so glad I am not the only one. I seriiously am developing a complex about it. I feel anxiety wherever I look. It is almost all I can think about lately. And I don't see it getting better anytime soon.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMolly View Post
    Three moves is as good as a fire for housekeeping. I don't know what I'm going to do when DH retires and we don't move every few years. Drown in my own mess, I expect!
    We were supposed to be moving and now it looks like that is getting cancelled. I'm disappointed for multiple reasons, but the main one is exactly what you said. I know that's the only way we're going to actually be able to get motivated to get rid of a bunch of junk we have laying around! Ugh!

Thanks OP for fessing up...I feel the same way here so many times. We too are in triage mode. I can't get anything done while she's awake, and then once she's finally asleep, I pick up her toys, clean up the kitchen & I'm toast.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

SkyrMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh goodness, me too. We're having our carpets done in several rooms and hallways and moved some furniture/small things around to clear the spaces and the dust bunnies and little bits of fuzz are unbelievable. I just don't have the energy to go through the whole house for a major cleaning.

I'm seriously thinking of begging DH to let me hire a housecleaning service to deep clean the whole house after our vacation. DD and I could leave for the day with the dog and come back to clean!
    DD 4/09 DS 8/12

Default You are not the only one.

I am drowning too. With two toddlers and a big hairy dog I just can't keep up with the house. For the last year we have just been in survival mode, and now that the little guy is a year old I need to get some systems in place. I manage to keep the laundry and dishes from piling up, but the rest of the cleaning is much less frequent then I would like.
    I recently signed up for fly lady and am surprised at how much it has helped so far. I'm on week one, but have not gone to bed with dishes in the sink since I started and that's a good start.
    I find that I am so overwhelmed with the whole house, that I feel like I can't ever get it all clean. I need to detail our FP booster chair too, I'm afraid of what I'd find underneath it. The boys just wear me out, and when I get them down to sleep I just don't have the energy to tackle cleaning a bathroom, or mopping the kitchen floor.
    We live 3000 miles from our family, so I really don't have the support system in place to drop the boys with their grandparents and catch up. The only time my house is really really clean is right before we pick up guests at the airport.
    I know tv is not the best for kids this young, but sometimes it is my only option with two little ones. Once you get at least one room baby proofed you will be able leave your DC to play there while you work on something else nearby. Check out fly lady, just reading the info on the website made me feel better even before I started trying any of the techniques.

Hi my name is DietCokeLover and I live in a shameful house.

My troubles started when we moved here. I was so depressed about where we were living I just didn't care. Then, we had two children who are 11 mos apart and I started caring more and i can't catch up. I barely have time to do the minimum for cleaning, let Aline get into the really good deepcleaning.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You're better than I. I only really see the value in picking up if I am also going to clean. So, I have to have time to do both or I don't even do one. So, the house builds in clutter and dust (etc....) till I whip it into shape. It stays that way for a day or 2 then starts it's descent back to mess.

My friend's house always looks spotless b/c she is constantly picking up + they don't have a lot of stuff but look close and it's dirty. It made me feel better to see that though b/c I didn't know how she did it all!

Beth

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I struggle with that too. Jelly Bean's finally old enough that I can clean while watching her without her needing to get involved every time. . . and now suddenly Ha wants to be on the floor all the time, which means constant supervision. So I sit on the floor with her and try to clean that one little area, because that's better than nothing.

I'm pretty sure it's going to get worse before it gets better around here, as Ha is quickly becoming a lot more mobile. I dream of DH taking both kids for a day (even if they stayed here) so I could work on the house, but that hasn't happened in many months and isn't likely to happen any time soon.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

Our house is usually picked up before we go to bed. But we totally have dust bunnies and hand prints and smears on the mirrors and doors and cabinets. But it's ok! I have accepted it. And no one's going to eat the baseboard here so its not worth my time right now. I would rather sleep!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MoJo View Post

I'm pretty sure it's going to get worse before it gets better around here, as Ha is quickly becoming a lot more mobile. I dream of DH taking both kids for a day (even if they stayed here) so I could work on the house, but that hasn't happened in many months and isn't likely to happen any time soon.
    Ooh! I am going to ask for that tomorrow!! We have no plans and it would be great! I love getting the house clean and having no one around to immediately mess it up!!! I get it all done then sit in my clean, peaceful house. It is much needed and I will do it this weekend. Thanks!

Beth

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast