Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh my gosh, I swear I almost posted the same thing! My house is a TOTAL disaster- so bad, that if I had visitors right now I would be mortified.

DS3 is at that age where he will pick up something, carry it into the next room and drop it there when he finds something new to hold onto. So not only do I have stuff everywhere, it is randomly all over the house. I know it's hard to keep the house tidy when we have 3 kids, but sometimes it is so overwhelming.

I will be without the 2 oldest kids most of today and tomorrow, but instead of relaxing, I know I will be cleaning.

Don't even get me started on the baseboards. Or behind the toilet........

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Uno-Mom View Post
    Amen sister!

Our life seems a bit less stressful than yours, we have family happy to take Sprog off our hands for a few hours. But when they do, we're dying to eat out ... veg out ... or *ahem* ... so the cleaning STILL doesn't get done.
    I am alone here, no family and friends have their own little ones. My older dd goes to neighbors to play, but dh works an hour away so I feel like I just can't catch up.

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I want to invite a new friend over. But I went to her house last week. It was really clean and nice. Mine is not clean.

I am embaressed to have her over until I clean. I don't even know where to start. I look at the mess, and take a nap instead.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hear ya! Tidy, yes. Basic cleaning, mostly. Truly clean...never. There aren't enough hours in the day. Can't remember the last time we cleaned fridge shelves, wiped down our white kitchen cabinets, vacuumed or swept inside a closet or under a bed, empty the crumbs out of the toaster.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I feel like if someone could just take my children for a week... I could get on top of things. But every day it feels like scrambling up a pile of gravel. Even if I make it to the top there's a mess behind me then.

I look at pics from when it was just my son, and he was a baby, and my house was always so clean... I always cleaned on Thursdays so I could have people over on the weekend. And it stayed decent through the week. But three kids, two of them toddler twins, I can't keep up with... the laundry and dishes alone are swamping me.

And the internet does not help.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am so, so ashamed of my bedroom! We live in 875 square feet with no garage or yard, so my "garage" (aka dumping ground for stuff in transit) is my bedroom. It makes me so sad. My New Years Resolution is to get my room all cleaned up and to severely limit the stuff "in transit" so that it stays a nice place to rest and recoup!

My house is constantly a disaster. I wish we could afford a cleaning person (and the time to pick up for that person ahead of time).

It's so bad that my dad (who once stepped over a pie the dog ate when I was little in the middle of the floor claiming "I never saw it" so he didn't have to clean it up) noticed the cobwebs in my pantry at Christmas time, and started to vacuum. I told him we never cleaned there because we have a pet spider "George" who lives there. That's actually true, but George is dead.
    C
    DS1 (04)
    DS2 (07)

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you for making me feel better everyone!

I never sit down.... and i am CONSTANTLY picking up toys....and our house is a BAD disaster.

I don't even like having FAMILY over at this point. It's EMBARASSING!

Right now one of my biggest problems is toddler girl clothes piled all over. I need to clear out stuff the girls have outgrown. I would like to get ir organized and try to make a little money selling it - just a little!!! - but it's so daunting. I had been shoving stuff in bins but I am out of room in the bins so it is piling up and I really need to deal with it.

Or just go to target and buy another bin...

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trales View Post
    I want to invite a new friend over. But I went to her house last week. It was really clean and nice. Mine is not clean.

I am embaressed to have her over until I clean. I don't even know where to start. I look at the mess, and take a nap instead.
    Ah, see, this is HOW I clean... I invite someone over so it FORCES me to clean it all up because I have a deadline... we need someone to come soon!

We have been on/off sick for 2 weeks now, DH and I both work FT off-shift, the laundry is out of control and it is really too much right now.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast