Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    viba424 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Suggestions for bath toys for 1 year old?

Any recommendations for bath toys for a 1 yo? All we have are the Boon foam shapes and a rubber ducky and theyre getting pretty boring.

Cups and a toy watering can.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

we have these Sassy ones (mine are different color, but same shapes)..ours has a few that have holes in them so they can see the water pass thru
    http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Bathtime...6232954&sr=8-1

cups are fun too, though my son often fills them up with the soapy bath water and drinks out of it (eek)

ds's favorite toy is one we got from PBK (see link below), it's a little frog that squirts water out. we got it months ago, seems like no longer available, but i'm sure there are other things similar to it
    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/bath-critters/

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

At that age we had a couple of cups from chinese take out and a set of Alex tug boats for the bath. If you don't want to spend $$, I am sure that you have enough in your kitchen cabinets to keep DC busy
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Our favorites are the letters that stick to the wall. Just don't get any bath toy that squirts water out because they get moldy.

Watering can and stacking cups. Both DC still play with both. Also plastic animals are fun. Bath crayons are good but but check because they will stain some surfaces. I don't buy squirters anymore because DH isn't good at making sure they are empty and around here things get moldy quickly!!!
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

check the bath crayons for sure-- dh has banned those from bath time in our house-- we have tiny with the tiny grout as our surround (grrrrrrrrr) and it's a bear to remove. it's possible, with bleach. yeah, it stains our grout.....

and my whole "but they are fun" is not enough

so we use those on our new placemats from the target dollar spot for coloring/drawing. great for that!

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

"Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I second the Yookidoo spout--got it for Christmas when kristac suggested it and it's the best bath toy ever! DD and DS play with it every night.

Besides the cups and watering can suggested by PP, we also have this Koi Toy Light Up Goldfish and both of them love it. When it gets wet it lights up with different colored lights. DS signs "fish" and says "sh! sh!" every time he sees it. Just make sure to dry it off after using it to keep the battery from running out because it's not replaceable.

We also have these Sassy Aquatic Bobbers that make bubbles when you submerge them, and then when you lift them out of the water the water drains out the holes. Endlessly fascinating for the little ones.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

Oh those sassy bobbers look neat!!!

We don't have many bath toys. Mostly cups and sticky letters. We also have problems with soap crayons so I have banned them. Purple seems to stain the worst somehow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast