Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

our first experience with the "princesses" was the little polly pocket like things-- if you can stay away from those as long as possible-- UGH the pieces! she particulary likes their dresses because they are "twirly!" and "match my twirly dress mommy! she has one like mine!"

my inlaws have also given her 3 disney anthology type books, so she is pretty up on who everyone is....even before we started watching the movies (and my child LOVES movies....yes, at 3 and a month )

i bought a princess hat & princess dress at magiccabin.com (on sale!) that is what i would call "neutral" princess-- it's blue/green (they did have a nice light pink one too, but i was trying to diversify from what we already have)--- so less disney. we're going to give the tent for valentines i think (we're trying to encouraging "princess behavior" for the next two weeks)-- and if it helps- i'm hoping to store the tent under our bed when not in use as it promises to "pop up" and down easily. we'll see

we have the little people school bus too (and the littler one ...came with some hand me downs ILs gave us) and probably things i've forgotten...but honestly? she's all over that minivan. she loves it

(and i'm not anti-princess/fairy.... just trying to keep it open and not OBSESSED with liscensed characters-- gotta let little girls be girls! i'll keep the fairies/princesses as long as possible because it could be so much worse!)

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Seitvonzu View Post
    our first experience with the "princesses" was the little polly pocket like things-- if you can stay away from those as long as possible-- UGH the pieces! she particulary likes their dresses because they are "twirly!" and "match my twirly dress mommy! she has one like mine!"

my inlaws have also given her 3 disney anthology type books, so she is pretty up on who everyone is....even before we started watching the movies (and my child LOVES movies....yes, at 3 and a month )

i bought a princess hat & princess dress at magiccabin.com (on sale!) that is what i would call "neutral" princess-- it's blue/green (they did have a nice light pink one too, but i was trying to diversify from what we already have)--- so less disney. we're going to give the tent for valentines i think (we're trying to encouraging "princess behavior" for the next two weeks)-- and if it helps- i'm hoping to store the tent under our bed when not in use as it promises to "pop up" and down easily. we'll see

we have the little people school bus too (and the littler one ...came with some hand me downs ILs gave us) and probably things i've forgotten...but honestly? she's all over that minivan. she loves it

(and i'm not anti-princess/fairy.... just trying to keep it open and not OBSESSED with liscensed characters-- gotta let little girls be girls! i'll keep the fairies/princesses as long as possible because it could be so much worse!)
    Yeah, I am not looking forward to the next phase........the barbies and bratz and other "dolls". I may be digging out my barbies for her when the time comes, since they aren't as slutty as what I currently see in the stores.

I may be shopping for that minivan! It looks like it can hold a lot of people/animals and stuff!

thanks!

(dd is in my lap and wanted a smiley!)

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

my DD is 3 years old also and LOVES that mini van. She uses it with her dollhouse people, little people, plastic animals, disney princess figures, etc.

DD is obsessed with disney princesses and all things girly but she does like trains and legos too and I am trying SO HARD to steer her into lots of interests so she wont just want pink princesses ALL the time......it's tough though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2