Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default toy vehicle/car ideas for DD......

DD1's 3rd birthday is coming up and while i have a few ideas for her, I have always wanted to get her some cars/vehicles to play with alongside all the princess and fairy stuff she seems to be collecting.

When she goes over to her friends houses (who are all boys) she loves playing with their car/dump trucks/ fire trucks/buses.........so I know she loves to play with those type of toys, but I really don't have the space or the money, to start a massive collection!

And it's something I always say I'm going to buy for her as each holiday approaches and then I get sucked into all the girly stuff........

Right now she has a small FP little people garbage truck (which gets played with sometimes), this air plane (which doesn't work very well and she ends up just pushing it: http://www.hasbro.com/mylittlepony/e...171&src=endeca and a mini version of this that only fits 1-2 FP people in it (but she loves it and plays with it almost daily): http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...t=littlepeople

So does anyone have a good recommendation for some cars or other vehicles that get a lot of play time? She seems to like her bus the best, so I'm wondering if I should just get a bigger one.......

thanks!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

mini automoblox are very popular with my dd
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Quote Originally Posted by katydid1971 View Post
    mini automoblox are very popular with my dd
    What are those??

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

I saw automoblox at barnes and noble yesterday and I could have sworn I'd seen them raved about somewhere before. Are they something you can make over and over or once you make one is it set for life like a model?

honestly? i know this is probably not the recommendation you are looking for (b/c my feeling is you are trying to "balance" all the girly stuff) is THE LOVING FAMILY MINIVAN.

this was the NUMBER ONE christmas present at our house. it was from gee-gee, my mom , who always seems to pick the favorite present. she just has a knack. she even called me ahead of time to say "i know it doesn't go with her new dollhouse (calico critters), but i thought she would relate to it-- because she knows about vans"-- and guess what? she totally did!!!

i actually had the calico critters car (TOO CUTE!!!! i LOVE IT!) to give her, and we did, and she *did* play with it, but guess how? the animals drove in the car "to gee-gees" and then everyone, animals, loving family people, all got in the minivan and drove everywhere.

she's played with it at least once a day since christmas. more than any other vehicle toy she has (and she has matchbox cars, the fisher price airport, a huge dump truck (big sturdy sandbox toy top) that holds books primarily *eyeroll* ....oh and TRAINS galore...we also try to avoid the lure of the purely girly stuff (that said i bought a huge princess popup tent..and not even "generic" princesses... disney all the way baby!))

i'm letting go of some of my toy rules and trying to go with my child's bliss a little bit more...that mini van definitely qualifies!

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD will turn 3 tomorrow- here are some toys/cars that she has:

She has the Fisher price little people bus- which she loads up with her my little pony, Little people and little people animals.

She has some matchbox cars (pretty cheap_ you could get a few)

Santa brought her a train set from Costco (Kidcraft) but maybe you could find one at Ikea or a small Thomas train set.

We also have a big Tonka truck that we got after Christmas last year (09) for a stea- lik 80% off) that she plays with outside!

Happy shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerDuck View Post
    I saw automoblox at barnes and noble yesterday and I could have sworn I'd seen them raved about somewhere before. Are they something you can make over and over or once you make one is it set for life like a model?
    Yes you can make them over and over and mix and match with other automoblox. There are two sizes. The smaller ones have been my kids favorites but other posters on this board prefer the larger ones. I would say they are kind of a cross between legos and matchbox cars.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Quote Originally Posted by Seitvonzu View Post
    honestly? i know this is probably not the recommendation you are looking for (b/c my feeling is you are trying to "balance" all the girly stuff) is THE LOVING FAMILY MINIVAN.

we also try to avoid the lure of the purely girly stuff (that said i bought a huge princess popup tent..and not even "generic" princesses... disney all the way baby!))

i'm letting go of some of my toy rules and trying to go with my child's bliss a little bit more...that mini van definitely qualifies!
    Yeah, I started out going very neutral with the toys..........but now that DD1 is getting older and we have another DD, the toys have def. taken a girly turn. Luckily it's mostly FP little people right now......and I think DH bought that same tent you are talking about! I'm trying to stay away from the disney princesses too. Luckinly DD only sees them at princesses and I can substitute, and we have very little Disney stuff ('till DH brought that tent home, that we have no space for )
    But she is def. in a princess/fairy mood right now.........so I'm trying to find some vehicles for those girls to ride in

I think FP has a little people SUV, so maybe I'll go that route (since that's what mommy drives anyways )

Thanks for the suggestions!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

I was also going to suggest Automoblox. They do have pink and purple ones if you still want the fun girly colors on what would normally be considered a boy toy.
    Renee
    (mommom to Noah my beautiful Ethiopian miracle. born 6/26/08 forever a family 4/20/09)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast