Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    Ok, I know February is almost over, but I just signed up for WW yesterday. I want to joing this little BBB - WW group! I'll be doing it online, as there are no meetings anywhere near me. I lost approx 30 lbs on it before I met DH and was really happy. But, depression and 2 babies later and I am way over where I should be.

I'm a little overwhelmed by the new plan and think the website is confusing. So, I hope to be chiming in with those of you who have been doing this a while to learn the ins and outs.
    Welcome! It is hard to get on board with the website IMO. My tips are: 1) Meal Plan - not just for the week but for the day so you can spread your points out and don't end up either starving at the end of the day with no points left or with way too many points; 2) Drink lots of water; 3) Eat fruits and vegetables with every meal and with every snack. It keeps you full and on track; 4) Enjoy low fat dairy products like yogurt and cheese (I am obsessed with Chobani Fat Free greek yogurt, 3 pts and so filling). 5) Track track track, I write down every thing I eat, even if it is just a bite or a taste and it is zero points. 6) Take it easy on yourself, it takes a while to learn the plan and you are taking a great first step, so don't beat yourself up. Even if you have a big overall goal (mine is to lose a total of 95lbs), focus on small goals (I try to focuse on 5lbs at a time). It makes it so much more manageable.

Good luck and feel free to ask any specific questions that you have.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    Ok, I know February is almost over, but I just signed up for WW yesterday. I want to joing this little BBB - WW group! I'll be doing it online, as there are no meetings anywhere near me. I lost approx 30 lbs on it before I met DH and was really happy. But, depression and 2 babies later and I am way over where I should be.

I'm a little overwhelmed by the new plan and think the website is confusing. So, I hope to be chiming in with those of you who have been doing this a while to learn the ins and outs.

Congratulations! If it's okay, I'm rejoining. I've had a bad run of a few weeks where I just wasn't keeping enough food in the house, and was resorting to not so healthy things or takeout. I haven't gained any, but I haven't lost, either. This week, so far, I'm back on track, brought some great leftovers and fruit for lunch, and am hoping that the milder weather will afford me the chance to get outside and exercise a bit. Good luck!
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Welcome to our new ladies!

This week I stayed the same. It's acutally a good thing considering my parents were visiting and we ate out quite a bit. Plus, I'm going through an extremely stressful time at work. I haven't been able to go to the gym, but I did get out to walk in the nice weather this weekend.

I've been doing a better job tracking this week and have noticed that I just don't feel as hungry as I used to--in a good way. I really try to pay attention to why I'm eating and how much I'm having. No more second helpings.

One of my co-workers commented that I'm looking more narrow these days! A few more pounds and I can buy some new jeans!
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Welcome everyone!! So glad we have more people to add to this great thread

Quote Originally Posted by jse107 View Post
    I've been doing a better job tracking this week and have noticed that I just don't feel as hungry as I used to--in a good way. I really try to pay attention to why I'm eating and how much I'm having.
    I was just thinking the same thing earlier this week. Something has definitely changed for me because I can eat 90% less than I used to and still feel completely satisfied. I guess the combination of getting used to eating an appropriate amount, changing my attitude towards food and drinking more water all contributed. It's amazing!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Are we going to start a March thread?
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12