Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Weight Watchers -- February 2011

Anyone wanna start a WW February 2011 thread with tips and tricks. The first thread was getting kinda long!

I just signed up AGAIN today (had previously lost 18lbs and was lifetime). The new plan sounds interesting. Some of the oldtimers at the meeting were NOT happy. I'm game, though -- I wasn't too jazzed about all the crappy, no nutritional value food that you were kinda encouraged to eat on the old plan. This plan seems more balanced and focused on whole foods.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

I'm in. I just finished my first month and lost 2.5 this week I'm down 8 lbs overall, but have a lot left to lose. I am loving the new program. It really encourages you to eat fruits and veggies. I think the weight loss is slower than the old program but easier to maintain.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

I've just finished two weeks of the program and lost 5.5 pounds. While I'm sure that's mostly water weight and it will slow waaaay down from here, I'm thrilled to have gotten that kind of kick start to my efforts.

I love the new program and it's focus on normal healthy foods. I know what you mean about the old program seeming to reward less nutritious choices - that was one of the things that really turned me off of weight watchers for a long time.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

happy2bamom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm 3 weeks in and down 3 pounds. I would've liked to have had a bigger loss initially but this plan does seem much more sustainable. It's really about eating/living more healthy. I feel like the push on fruits and vegetables are just good life changes for me. I have about 30 pounds to lose, so I"m in this for the long haul. I'm so thankful to find support here
    Kelli
    Proud mama to Biggy & Redball

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm in! I'm down 12 pounds so far. I'm trying to be better about tracking and about my breakfast protein intake. Tired of starving through my morning...
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

I'm in, too. Started January 3rd and down 8.3 lbs. Really love the new program because I am making MUCH better choices and feel really good.

ETA: Still have a good 15-18 lbs. to go.
    Green Tea, mom to three

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm in too! I've lost 38.2 pounds since last May, and I have about 20 left to go. I've been in a bit of a rut the past couple weeks. I have SUCH a hard time working out in the winter - ugh. But I just have to keep on track and hopefully things will even out
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Can we talk veggies? I am trying to spice up my routine. All I have been eating as a side for dinner is steamed broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots or snap peas. I need some inspiration. This week, to shake things up I made a sauted garlic parmesan spinach last night and tonight I am roasting some asparagus. What fabulous veggies are you ladies having?
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

We've been doing tossed salad with various colors of bell peppers, cucumbers and olives. (I think 6 medium olives are 1 pt.?) Also all the same steamed veggies as you, plus green beans. And microwaved yams (though those are not free).

My kids like their veggies pretty basic and plain, so nothing as adventurous as your very yummy sounding spinach!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    Can we talk veggies? I am trying to spice up my routine. All I have been eating as a side for dinner is steamed broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, carrots or snap peas. I need some inspiration. This week, to shake things up I made a sauted garlic parmesan spinach last night and tonight I am roasting some asparagus. What fabulous veggies are you ladies having?
    Have you tried roasting the veggies with olive oil and S&P (and maybe garlic)? That's what I've been doing (broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, carrots). It's a totally different flavor from steaming, and still easy. I also saute green beans with garlic and sometimes onions and mushrooms (and maybe a splash of wine) and that's good too.

I made this recipe for collard greens last week and it was DELISH. DH hates collards and he ate these.

Hm, and I like to make casseroles or crock pot meals with the veggies already in them so they absorb the flavor of the dish (but mostly so I don't have to make anything extra ). I'm always looking for new ways to do veggies, so I'm looking forward to more replies on this one.
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast