Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Do they mean eat all 49 extra points too, or just the 29 points? I have never dropped more than 2lbs in a week. This go round though my top weight loss is only 1.8lbs. Some people like myself are those who usually only lose ._lbs per week. I honestly think the only way I can lose more weight is to hire a trainer that kicks my butt 3 to 5 days a week, or where I can do 1+ workouts (cardio based) plus weights everyday.
    They actually differed on that. The doctor said to eat the 49 extra points. The nutritionist said the 49 extras are so you can satisfy cravings without going overboard. I.e. Instead of saying "I can't have ice cream" you can say "I can have some ice cream once a week" and you don't run out and scarf an entire bucket of Edy's. She said that WW is designed to continue to lose if you eat the extra 49 points but those aren't as necessary. I tend to agree with the nutritionist based on my experience. I usually save my weekly points for special occasions (DH's and my date night every other month for example) and I do notice that those weeks I lose less. I do know a lot of people who found that they lost more when they started eating more of their weekly points. So I think it is one of those things where it works for some and not for others. That being said, I see the nutritionist because in the past I have struggled with eating disorders and DH didn't want me to go on WW without a professional watching me closely, lest I slip into old habits (that was a long time ago and I don't feel at risk anymore, but since he was with me the last time and it really scared him, I didn't think seeing the nutritionist would hurt). So since she is trying to keep me on a healthy path, it is her job to encourage me to eat.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congrats to everyone on their losses!

I am a bit worried this week - it hasn't been great. But I don't weigh in until Sunday, so we will see. Dh was gone a lot this week, so I didn't plan dinner. When I don't plan I end up waiting until I am starving and then eating a bowl of noodles or something... It was also a bad week at work, so I had a few more beers than I should have

I haven't decided about the whole eating all my points thing. I think that it may be one of those things where you need to see what works for your body. And maybe actually track the calories (including fruits and vegs).

But it has forced me to pay attention to what I am eating, and account for all of my food.

I will check in after I weigh on Sunday!

eta: I lost 0.5 this week.

Good luck to everyone!
    Last edited by fivi2; 02-20-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Hi Ladies:

I started WW 2 weeks ago and lost 1.5lbs week one and .2 during Week 2. I was trying to do a modified version with very low sugar (one serving of fruit per day), no white carbs and little dairy. Mostly veggies/lean proteins and one serving of whole grains. I also started working out 3x-4x week (45-55min) on elliptical. The problem is I am STARVING constantly and didn't even really lose on week 2. I feel like giving up b/c I am just too hungry. It is definitely not psychological either b/c my stomach is mad grumbly. I am eating all my daily points and have some wine/dessert on the weekend out of my weekly points. I think I need to slow down on either the diet or exercise. Which one would you choose? I'm leaning towards slowing down on the exercise until I get my hunger under control. Any ideas?

ETA: I also cut down to one nursing session a day at the same time as starting to diet. I had been nursing 2x a day for about a month prior to that. I am trying to wean completely by end of March.
    Last edited by MommyofAmaya; 02-22-2011 at 09:59 AM.
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MommyofAmaya View Post
    Hi Ladies:

I started WW 2 weeks ago and lost 1.5lbs week one and .2 during Week 2. I was trying to do a modified version with very low sugar (one serving of fruit per day), no white carbs and little dairy. Mostly veggies/lean proteins and one serving of whole grains. I also started working out 3x-4x week (45-55min) on elliptical. The problem is I am STARVING constantly and didn't even really lose on week 2. I feel like giving up b/c I am just too hungry. It is definitely not psychological either b/c my stomach is mad grumbly. I am eating all my daily points and have some wine/dessert on the weekend out of my weekly points. I think I need to slow down on either the diet or exercise. Which one would you choose? I'm leaning towards slowing down on the exercise until I get my hunger under control. Any ideas?

ETA: I also cut down to one nursing session a day at the same time as starting to diet. I had been nursing 2x a day for about a month prior to that. I am trying to wean completely by end of March.

Are you eating three solid meals a day or a bunch of smaller meals? WW is set up for three meals and some snacks, but I've found that I'm much less hungry when I eat several mini-meals. It feels like I'm snacking all day (which I love), and I never get to that starving feeling which makes me over eat. With that said, though, I eat a lot of fruit (3-4 servings a day, probably) as well as yogurt. Those are some of my go-to foods when I'm hungry.

There are lots of factors at play, so definitely give it a few more weeks for your body to get used to everything. You're weaning, probably gaining muscle from exercising so much, and changing your eating habits all at once. It can be a bit of a shock to your system. Maybe slow down the exercise some, give your body a chance to catch up, and figure out how to eat foods that fill you up. Good luck!!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Hi Ladies:

Why are you doing the modified version? Is it a health issue or just something you are trying? If there isn't a reason why you can't eat dairy, fruits and the occasional white carb, would you consider just doing a couple of weeks of following the WW diet unmodified? It is already an intense change from a normal routine, and making it more intense could be too hard to do cold turkey. As for working out, I did 3 weeks of just focusing on the diet to make it a habit and then started adding work outs to my routine. That seemed to help.

Down 2.1lbs this week! Total loss is over 11lbs. Very happy about that.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Hi Ladies:

From what you've written I think it sounds like you are perhaps not eating enough food to (somewhat) offset the number of calories you are burning between nursing and exercising. Since veggies are free and lean proteins are very low in points, you'd have to eat a a LOT of chicken or other protein to reach your minimum points. It also sounds like you're not getting enough healthy fats, which your body needs to perform optimally. When you don't get enough calories/fats, your metabolism actually slows down because your body thinks it's starving.
    Last edited by Green_Tea; 02-22-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    Green Tea, mom to three

Hi Ladies:

I definitely *never* feel overly famished on this diet, so it sounds like you need to eat/snack more, or on different types of foods. I would try the diet without modifying it before giving up. To give you an idea of how I break it down, I eat 3-4 servings of fruit a day, 2-3 of vegetables, 1-2 of dairy, 1-2 of (canola or olive oil) fats, 3-4 of whole grain carbs, and a serving or two of lean protein, plus a sweet dessert/treat type thing 3-4 times per week. In 5 weeks I've lost over 12 pounds. For me the key has been to snack enough (on fruits & veggies, for the most part) to only feel "hungry" at meal times and not "famished".

Good for you for exercising, though, I haven't even started that part of things yet!

Good luck!
    Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Thanks for your thoughts. I went out today and bought more fruit and hopefully that will curb my hunger. I have been having major gastro issues lately a high fiber diet helps alleviate some of the symptoms. That is why I am limiting dairy/white carbs. This is an example of what I have been eating, if you have any suggestions on things I should change feel free to comment.

Breakfast:
    Coffee w/xylitol
    Sprouted wheat toast with peanut butter, 1/2 banana: 7
    or
    Fiber cereal/1% milk with fruit: 7

Snack: Nuts or chobani yogurt (depending on whether I had dairy at breakfast) -3

Lunch:
    Flatout wrap/lunchmeat/hummus/spinach-7-8
    or black bean salad w/corn tortillas.

Snack- dill pickles 0pts

Dinner varies, lots of veggies and some sort of oil/protein/legumes, usually about 9pts.

After a bite of the kid's food here and there I am at 29pts with nothing to spare.
    Last edited by MommyofAmaya; 02-22-2011 at 07:12 PM.
    ~C~

Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

amyd is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

loving Dannon light and fit yogurt , Caramel delight flavor w/ cut up strawberries ....... 2 points
    Was amyliv here since 2004. Mom of 2 blessings born in South Korea: DS 2004 DD 2006

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Down 2.5 this week! Total loss is now 7lbs. Yay! I definitely feel better and DH has noticed a difference.

I'm usually having oatmeal (1/4c. dried) with blueberries for breakfast, veggies with a Laughing Cow for a mid-morning snack, soup for lunch (Progresso Chicken Barley, whole can), veggies or crackers for mid-afternoon snack, and then a reasonable dinner of mostly protein and veggies.

If I have a few points left I enjoy a Skinny Cow ice cream.
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast