Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So what is everyone doing - online or do you go to meetings?

I have done both and the meetings seem to be better for me - makes feel more accountable for my eating habits. Plus I like hearing everyone else's stories, recipes, etc.

Thinking about getting back on the WW wagon. It's so daunting for me because I have a good 100 pounds I need to loose. And every diet, excercise program etc. I have tried I loose 20-30 pounds and then it just stops. Even if I up my regimen. Then I get discouraged.

But I NEED to loose this weight. And I am giving myself this year to try to do it. Otherwise weight loss surgery might be my only option, and I am not sure I want to go there.

Needing some motiviation...

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post

I have done both and the meetings seem to be better for me - makes feel more accountable for my eating habits. Plus I like hearing everyone else's stories, recipes, etc.

Thinking about getting back on the WW wagon. It's so daunting for me because I have a good 100 pounds I need to loose. And every diet, excercise program etc. I have tried I loose 20-30 pounds and then it just stops. Even if I up my regimen. Then I get discouraged.

But I NEED to loose this weight. And I am giving myself this year to try to do it. Otherwise weight loss surgery might be my only option, and I am not sure I want to go there.

I'm doing it online and using these threads to keep me accountable because I know I'd never go to a meeting. I know what you mean about having to lose a lot, hitting a wall and getting discouraged. I'm sort of at that point right now. I'm probably the smallest I've ever been in my adult life and I still have 20-25 pounds left to lose... and I'm stuck (or at least I *feel* stuck).

Luckily the BBB mamas are helping me with my crappy attitude and reminding me that one slip up is not the end of the world. I have to do this - it's not a choice!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Just got back from weighing in, and have lost 10 lbs since Jan. 3 !!!!

Lost 1.8 lbs this week. If I lose 2 lbs this coming week, the second digit in my weight will change, and that would make me SO happy.

Off to yoga!
    Green Tea, mom to three

Congrats to everyone who has lost so far!

I lost 40 pounds on WW about 3 years ago. I did the Core diet. I don't think they offer it anymore, I looked on their site and couldn't find it. It was hard, but I liked it rather than having to count points. I've been considering digging out my old WW material to go back on this diet.

Keep up the good work everyone

I wanted to add that going to the meetings was a BIG help to me. I felt really accountable knowing I was going to get weighed by someone else. (and for those that aren't familiar - you are weighed in private). I think if I did it online that pressure wouldn't be there.

I also liked how everyone would share tips/suggestions, etc. I really recommend going to the meetings for anyone considering WW.

I'm doing it on line and using this thread as my "meeting". Like Weech, I know that I wouldn't be able to make time to go to a meeting. But so far, I am on my 5th week and going strong, mostly due to the support I've found here (love you, ladies!).

I know how you feel about a large goal like that. According to WW, I need to loose 95lbs (well 87lbs now, since I have lost 8lbs). I can't even think in terms of that large number. I focus on small goals. I just lost my first 5lbs, now I am focusing on 10lbs, then 5%, then 10% etc. etc. If I think about the 95, I just want to give up because it seems impossible.

But I NEED to do this. Not just for my health, but because I want to be a good role model for DD. I don't want her to grow up struggling with her weight like I did and the best way to prevent that is to bring her up in a house of people that eat appropriately. I also don't want to be hiding half of my body behind DH in ever picture we take. It makes me so sad to think that DD will look back and say "Why are there so few pictures of us together when I was a baby?" How is it right that my only response would be that I was too ashamed of how I looked to be in pictures? Everytime I want to quit, or want to eat beyond my points, I just think about that and look at pictures of my beautiful DD and remind myself why I am doing it.

Lhafer, if you decide to join, you will have lots of support from us mommas.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Can I join you ladies? I started WW online 2.5 weeks ago. So far, I am down 3.5 lbs. To make it to my goal weight I need to lose 17lbs, however I'd like to lose 25lbs to be back at pre-kids weight.

I like the new program because it does reward clean eating. I still struggle with wanting to binge on carbs--though I haven't done it since starting. I started going back to the gym last week, just to get back on the treadmill and do SOMETHING.

I try to remind myself that this needs to be a slow and steady process.
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    But I NEED to do this. Not just for my health, but because I want to be a good role model for DD. I don't want her to grow up struggling with her weight like I did and the best way to prevent that is to bring her up in a house of people that eat appropriately. I also don't want to be hiding half of my body behind DH in ever picture we take. It makes me so sad to think that DD will look back and say "Why are there so few pictures of us together when I was a baby?" How is it right that my only response would be that I was too ashamed of how I looked to be in pictures? Everytime I want to quit, or want to eat beyond my points, I just think about that and look at pictures of my beautiful DD and remind myself why I am doing it.
    I could have written this word for word.
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Quote Originally Posted by jse107 View Post
    Can I join you ladies? I started WW online 2.5 weeks ago. So far, I am down 3.5 lbs. To make it to my goal weight I need to lose 17lbs, however I'd like to lose 25lbs to be back at pre-kids weight.

I like the new program because it does reward clean eating. I still struggle with wanting to binge on carbs--though I haven't done it since starting. I started going back to the gym last week, just to get back on the treadmill and do SOMETHING.

I try to remind myself that this needs to be a slow and steady process.
    Welcome! And congratulations on your first 3.5 lbs!
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    Word.

I feel the same way. I have 75 pounds to lose, and that number makes me want to cry. But every time I've felt like I wanted to eat something I really shouldn't, I've thought to myself, "I love _whatever food_ but I love myself and my children more!" I have borderline hypertension, insulin resistance, and a family history of heart disease. I want to be there for my kids and grandkids, so I need to get fit and healthy!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast