i know there have been several posts lately about outdoor apparatus, so i apologize if this seems redundant

but i am dreaming of spring...and this will be our first spring/summer in our new home. with our own backyard!!

it's a decent-sized space, so i really want to get some "good stuff" to engage DS this summer...and ideally for a few years to come

BUT, he will only be 2 in april. so it would seem clear that many of the cool climbing/fort things are too big/old for him

BUT, i don't want to spend money on something too babyish that he will outgrow within a few months

so please give me your kiddo's faves at various ages... (even if it's something your kid didn't start loving until age 4 and up...b/c maybe i can plan ahead if i'm going to end up spending more in a few years...i'd spendl less now)

also, i'm really clueless in this arena - so in addition to types of equipment or toys, i would greatly appreciate suggestions on what types of material are "best" - durable, don't get too hot, don't wear poorly, etc

thanks so much