Default B6 & unisom daily dosage for morning sickness?

Does anyone know the safe dosage of B6 and unisom for morning sickness? I don't have a doctor's apt until the 11th, but I'm starting to feel sick and need to start on something. (they are calling in a prescription for me but I took this combo in addition to the prescription with my first pregnancy and it helped)

My prenatal has 50mg of B6, and I take it at night. I'm just wondering how much more B6 one can/should take.
    Last edited by indigo99; 01-31-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

1 tablet of Diclectin/Bendictin (sold in canada, not US for morning sickness) is:
    10mg Vitamin B6 and 10mg Doxylamine Succinate (Unisom, but make sure its not the gel caps, they are something else). The dose is as follows:
    In the AM take:
    1/2 tablet of 25 mg vit. b6
    1/2 tablet unisom

In the Afternoon take:
    1/2 tablet 25 mg vit/ b6
    1/2 tablet unisom

At bedtime take:
    1 full tablet vit. b6
    1 full tablet unisom

You feel very tired at first (unisome is a sleeping pill after all) but then your body adjusts.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The dosage I took with both pregnancies is 50mg of vitamin B6 and a half tablet of Unisom (blue tablet, not capsule) before bed. That's it.

With DS1's pregnancy it completely cured me of my morning sickness, but with DS2's pregnancy it only reduced it.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Thanks for the replies. Was that 50mg B6 in addition to a prenatal vitamin? I'm sure that they don't all contain the same amount of B6, but mine has 50mg so I'm thinking that I probably shouldn't take any more of that at bedtime (with my prenatal). I'm just wondering if I should/can take more during the day though.

I started the unisom, and it's kicking my butt. I feel like a zombie and had the worst time trying to get out of bed this morning.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

I did the B6 in addition to my prenatal (actually, all prenatals with iron make me sick, so I do a Flinstones iron-free chewable morning and night) but just took the half unisom/B6 at night before bed for the 4-5 months I had morningsickness. In general, it kept me from throwing up (which I did the next day whenever I forgot to take it) but I still felt generally yucky all day. Maybe it would have helped if I took it more during the day, as well, but it made me way too sleepy in the day, especially this time around with two other kiddos running around all day!

Pregnancy haze--does that make sense?

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Have you tried Bnatals? They are b6 drops and worked wonders for me.