Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I searched for confetti flowers on Martha's site and this picture came up, so the pp were right about the flower petals.

http://www.marthastewartweddings.com...rrentChapter=1

I like crafty projects, but I think its wrong for her to assume you do and have time for this. I'm also sorry she isn't a little more flexible with the girl's dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by ciw View Post
    they're not as pretty but cheap for a trial run), detach the stem and then hot glue the flowers and ribbon to a wood dowel. I don't think it will be too hard and I bet they will turn out cute. Good luck!
    If it has a small wire stem, I actually wouldn't take off the wire, I would use it to wrap around the dowel and use the hot glue so it's reinforced then wrap the ribbon over it and if you have streamers it can hide the ridges. I would pick up a large yarn needle to "thread" the ribbon under the flower if you use the wire to wrap the dowel before you glue the flower down. If it does have a plastic stem, cut it off and pick up some thin flowistery (sp?) wire and thread that through the base of the flower if you need to, to wrap around the dowel. (I'm all for extra reinforcement when it comes to things that kids could play with at "boring things")
    Mom to 4 wonderful children

DS#1 7/96
    DS#2 11/00
    DD#1 11/03
    DD#2 6/08

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I googled it and found this mammas website: http://www.weddingbee.com/2010/04/02...me-for-easter/

she gives much better directions/tips and pictures!

They look really cute! I may make one for DD for Easter!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by newg View Post
    I googled it and found this mammas website: http://www.weddingbee.com/2010/04/02...me-for-easter/

she gives much better directions/tips and pictures!

They look really cute! I may make one for DD for Easter!
    You are awesome! This is really helpful. And I love the idea of making for Easter...I can make a trial run for play/Easter and then do the real thing once I've gotten the hang of it.

And I didn't want to sound like I was complaining about my cousin. It is probably me who is being inflexible by not wanting to pay for the dresses she would have originally picked. And my cousin probably knows I like doing crafts and I think she wants the wands because she (rightly so) thinks my girls would prefer them to sprinkling petals.
    I knew you guys would help, as always!

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    You are awesome! This is really helpful. And I love the idea of making for Easter...I can make a trial run for play/Easter and then do the real thing once I've gotten the hang of it.

And I didn't want to sound like I was complaining about my cousin. It is probably me who is being inflexible by not wanting to pay for the dresses she would have originally picked. And my cousin probably knows I like doing crafts and I think she wants the wands because she (rightly so) thinks my girls would prefer them to sprinkling petals.
    I knew you guys would help, as always!
    we'll all have to post pictures when they're done to see how they look!

I can see both sides.......if she wanted you to make them, she should have given you more guidance (like the page I found with actual directions!)......and the dresses, maybe she thought you'd find something they can wear again (like for Easter or for dress-up).

Good luck!!

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

They look good. Was it hard?
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeLover View Post
    They look good. Was it hard?
    Not too bad I guess. The directions said to glue the petals together and I just wasn't sure about that so I bought artificial flowers and sewed them together in clumps. Then I hot-glued them to the ribbons. I'm hoping they stay together for walk down the aisle...I wish I had done purple ribbons and flowers, but I wanted to incorporate the green and purple. It was hard to get the thumb tacks all the way through all those ribbons. I did paint the dowels but realized that was unnecessary as the ribbon really did cover it.

When they hold them the ribbons don't really "fly" out the way I want them too. I guess the kids are running in the photo? Maybe I should have used lighter weight ribbon? Who knows...hopefully they will look ok when it comes down to it.

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You did a beautiful job! I hope she loves them!
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2