Default Pampers - could DD just have developed an allergy

DD is 19 months and has been using Pampers since birth. I know they changed their "formula" a few months ago, and lots of people had problems with the change. However, DD was fine with the transition. Just recently though, she has had horrible rashes and recurring yeast infections. Could she have just recently developed an allergy?
    Any suggestions on the next best diapers? Or what I should do with the ten boxes of Pampers that I have sitting in her closet from using Amazon coupons and S&S?

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hmm, I guess it's possible. I only bought DS Pampers until he was 1. Swaddlers, then Cruisers. We never had a problem, even when they switched to the new DryMax. Then I bought a box of Baby Dry, and it made him break out in a horrible rash almost immediately. Now we only use Huggies Little Movers, and never had a rash.
    So I would try any other brand and see if the problem goes away. If you determine that it is the Pampers causing the rashes, sell the diapers on CL and try to recoup your money.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Even Pampers Sensitives gave my DD rashes, so we switched to Huggies Pure & Natural when she was a newborn.

Since she started crawling, the Little Movers fit her better & we've only had one bad rash since (yeast) ... we also use the LM during the day and cloth overnight, but that may be slightly extreme for other families.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Definitely. Both of my girls were allergic to Kirkland diapers.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

One thing I have read time and again on the Facebook page for parents who have had problems with Pampers is that many kids are fine with the new Dry Max material for a little while, and then they build up an allergy to it. So yes, definitely possible.

Amazon should take them back and refund your money to you.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Is it possible that the old dipes were not the new drymax? We've been getting our pampers cruisers from Amazon S&S and up until our most recent shipment, they were still the old non-drymax version. I'm sure their stock would vary based on the size though (we were using size 7, which seems to not be very popular). Now DS seems to be getting a rash from the drymax, so I think we'll be in the same boat hunting for something new.
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This recently happened to my 20month old. I've been buying/using Pampers on my kids for 5.5 years now (that's a lot of diapers!). C was fine with the Dry Max, but I decided to stop using the Cruisers and switched to using the Baby Dry (which I had been using at night) to her only diaper. After a while she started getting coin size red marks on her hips as well as irritation on her lower back and at the leg. Weird thing was she never had any reaction on her bottom.

I finally stopped using Pampers and the rashes finally cleared up. I have been alternating between Target brand and Seventh Generation. I was worried about a possible latex allergy, but she seems to be doing okay in the Target diapers so I think it was something specific to Pampers.

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMal View Post
    This recently happened to my 20month old. I've been buying/using Pampers on my kids for 5.5 years now (that's a lot of diapers!). C was fine with the Dry Max, but I decided to stop using the Cruisers and switched to using the Baby Dry (which I had been using at night) to her only diaper. After a while she started getting coin size red marks on her hips as well as irritation on her lower back and at the leg. Weird thing was she never had any reaction on her bottom.
    Interesting...DD has a really bad coin size red mark on her lower back/butt. It is below the diaper line, but not super visible when changing her diaper--sort of waist line. Is it raised at all? No diaper rash either (other than the normal here and there, gone the next change kind...).

The Ped said it was excema and gave us some hydrocortizone for it, which does clear it up when we remember to put it on . It hasn't gone away completely but it has gotten dramatically better... we just switched to Huggies a few days ago too because of a blowout issue with Pampers (after I stocked up via Amazon) that has resolved now... I thought I was just getting better at making a focused effort of getting the cream on, but I wonder if it was the diapers...
    Last edited by infocrazy; 02-03-2011 at 06:22 PM.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think it is possible. DD1 developed an allergy to the material that was in the original Pampers Cruisers diapers when she was just about a year old. We then switched to 7th Generation and loved those until they changed the cut of the larger size diapers. She ended up using Kirkland Signature, or Huggies Supremes after that and was happy (made me wish I had tried those brands first as the 7th Gens. aren't cheap, but they are nice diapers!). We also tried Natural Baby Care, and Earths Best and had no issues with them, but DH thought the Earths Best didn't hold as much.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I would stop using them right away. We tried about 5 brands of diapers after Pampers (refuse to use Dry Max) and the winner of the great diaper trial was Earth's Best. We've been very very happy with EB both in terms of sensitivities and dryness - I highly recommend them.