Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I would bring two gifts or a larger joint gift.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

I am a twin mom. I would never expect (or want!) anyone to bring both my children a gift if they were friends with only one twin.

I would get the twin you know a gift (not to share, meaning don't put two names on one gift - if you get a board game or books that can be shared, that's great).

I would not go with the gift to share, meaning both names on one gift.

HTH!

The party is for Bob and Rob. Both get a gift.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would buy a gift for the child who invited your son to the party and who he knows.

Or, you could call the parents. *I* would not do a joint gift.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I agree. Do not get a gift to share. When we go to twin's bdays (we know several) we normally buy two gifts. And, in the case of one set, we buy the exact same gift. DD has a twin in her class. The other twin is in another class. Honestly, DD does not play with the child in her class so we didn't go to the party. I know this particular mom expected a gift for each child whether your child knew both or not (and at 4 it does seem appropriate, older maybe not).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hollybloom24 View Post
    I am a twin mom. I would never expect (or want!) anyone to bring both my children a gift if they were friends with only one twin.

I would get the twin you know a gift (not to share, meaning don't put two names on one gift - if you get a board game or books that can be shared, that's great).

I would not go with the gift to share, meaning both names on one gift.

HTH!

I do not expect people to bring the twin their DC isn't friends with a gift even if both twins names are on the invite.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm about to be a twin mom so this is interesting to me.

personally, I'd only want you to buy a gift for the twin that you know. I would not want a gift with both of their names on it or a game that you know that they are supposed to share.

I imagine there is plenty of sharing as it is, so I'd just go for a gift that they can both eventually enjoy , but it's not required. So, a cool lego set but not a personalized toy directed at the twin you know (anything with his name on it). then, their parents can decide how the gifts are played with!
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I would do just the one my DS knows. If everyone brought an "extra" gift for the twin they did not know, just think of how many toys that is...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2