Default Help! I need candy bars with the silver wrapper - today!!!

DDs birthday party is tomorrow! THe party favors are candy bars with personalized Happy 2nd Birthday DD wrappers. I ordered them from Etsy for $5!

Anyway, I thought no big deal, and yesterday while I was doing my shopping I went to pick up the candy bars. Only to find they didn't have the silver internal wrapping with paper over the top, just a plastic wrapper that covers the whole thing!

I'm hoping I can find them today, but thought I'd ask here first. Does anyone know of a brick & mortar store that has candy bars that are wrapped that way? Do they even sell them like that anymore? If not, I don't know what I'm going to do!!! Help!!!

I don't have a whole lot of options: I've only looked at Wal-Mart. I don't have a Costco nearby, so no membership there. I'm looking at Target, grocery stores, drug stores etc. Anyone BTDT? HELP!!!
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Are you talking about regular size candy bars or miniatures? As far as I know, they all just have plastic wrappers now, but the miniatures have silver on the ends, so it seems you could use those as they are. However, if you mean the regular size candy bars, I am not aware of any that are wrapped in silver with paper over them any more.

Can you e-mail the person you bought them from and see if they know of anything? I would think if they are selling these things, they would know where to get the candy bars to put them on.

ETA: I found this http://www.aboutcandybarwrappers.com/packaging.htm. Honestly, a wrapper doesn't look so bad just over the plastic. I was also thinking you could buy foil, wrap the bars with foil, then put your wrappers over that. Then I found this website and that is basically what they do as well. Good luck!

Edited again: Check Michael's! You can use these foil sheets over the plastic wrapper, just like they explain on the website above. http://www.michaels.com/Wilton%C2%AE...oducts&start=1 or http://www.michaels.com/Wilton%C2%AE...oducts&start=3 I'd call the store first before running around.
    Last edited by randomkid; 02-04-2011 at 12:32 PM.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Can you post the seller you used on Etsy? This would save me a lot of time for DS2 when his birthday rolls around.

Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You might need to call around to local chocolate shoppes and speciality candy stores.

I think the chocolate bars from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory come foil wrapped with a paper slipcover. So you could see if there is one near you.
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Are the king-sized Hershey bars still sold with a paper wrapper and foil inside? Not sure if your labels would fit but worth a shot.
    K

Large bars of Cadbury's chocolate have a paper wrapper with foil inside and are sold at my Safeway, Giant and possibly Target etc.
    Lindsay

DD 12/06
    DS 08/09

Thanks everyone. You saved me from hunting for something that wasn't out there. We ended up buying the Tin Foil sheets (it was 79 cents for a box) and just wrapped the candy bars in those sheets, then wrapping in my printed labels.

Here is the Etsy seller that I used. She was quick & easy to work with. http://www.etsy.com/shop/spencervillejunction
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009