Default what kind of potty???? recommendations please!!!

This may seem like a dumb question, but we were going to get a potty to "introduce" DS to the potty, and a "quick" search on amazon and diapers.com leads to about 30 different potties!!! yikes!
    Can anyone recommend a good starter potty? Thanks!

We started off with the Baby Bjorn potty from Babies R Us. We got the kind with the removable pot and rubber bottom (I think there are two different ones). Once my kids got used to the little potty, we graduated to the one that fits over the toilet seat.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2267519

catsnkid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We haven't started this yet, but were given a diego potty at my baby shower- almost two years ago! I also picked up a few ikea potties- they were pretty cheap. I also ordered a diego traveling seat with my pampers points.
    DS 6/09

Quote Originally Posted by artvandalay View Post
    We started off with the Baby Bjorn potty from Babies R Us. We got the kind with the removable pot and rubber bottom (I think there are two different ones). Once my kids got used to the little potty, we graduated to the one that fits over the toilet seat.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=2267519

We did the same - easy to clean, neutral and didn't inspire any playing with the potty.

ONE-piece construction is best. The more parts, the more crevices for pee and germs to hide, and the harder for you to clean. If you have a boy, I highly recommend the "Joshua" potty. It's by the woman who wrote the "Once Upon a Potty" books for boys and girls.
    http://www.amazon.com/Once-Upon-Pott...7465625&sr=1-1
    The HIGH front side ensure that the pee-pee stays INSIDE the potty for little boys who don't always remember to point their penis downward.

If your child is older, talker, able to get up onto the regular adult potty with the help of a stepstool, I recommend getting one of those toddler-sized seats that inserts onto your regular toilet seat. It makes cleaning the #2s SOOOO much easier.
    Wondermom

DS 1 8/2007
    DS 2 1/2010

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We LOVE our Baby Bjorn Potty Chair. Easy to clean, and the splash guard is the most comfortable for boys.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Baby Bjorn Potty Chair all the way - fits toddlers through preschoolers, easy to clean, easy to use, reasonably comfortable for the child.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)