Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default a birthday party to beat that fairy party

seriously, if I was a mom who had a kid at this party I would just throw my arms up and say "I give!". How could anything else compare?

http://www.jennycookies.com/2011/01/...-birthday.html

The woman who did DS's birth announcements (etsy seller lukecommasara, who I found out about here) did the design of all the paper stuff for the party.

The cake display from this party beats any wedding I've ever been to.

editing to add link to the fairy party for comparison: http://www.kellehampton.com/2010/05/...ous-party.html
    Last edited by candaceb; 02-08-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Is it kosher to just hate her? Who can do that?????
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Definitely someone with money. Lots of money.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

O.M.G.

That is unreal.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My wedding was not that fancy. So what the heck is she going to do for 6?
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I really don't understand the overt excessiveness of these parties for little girls.

she might have money (the purchased paper goods are a HUGE tip off on that-- labelled bottles of water? yikes...that sorta bugs me actually), but i'm pretty sure that pink sleeveless dress with the tulle skirt that her child is in is straight from target -- ours has them in pink and in white. they are pretty, and simple (so they look really classic) but i was REALLY surprised to see that.

i figured she did her own desserts (she sells designer cookies, right?) so she might have all that-- the display didn't look too elaborate if you already have stuff like that.....the tissue paper globes could be picked up fairly cheap or made (she lives i think in the pacific northwest-- so maybe she got them at an asian homegoods store or something?)... the cupcake wrapper garlands did seem like an expensive idea to me, because those were more "designer" looking cupcake papers, but they weren't all the garlands.... (some were just paper dots it seemed like?)

some of the decor (vases/lanterns) looked like things that could have been repurposed from their house?

the most expensive things to me seemed like the paper goods and the owl masks/capes. i thought it was a cute party...but i still like the fairy one better

I think this is what is referred to as "Keeping Up With the Joneses"

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

WOW!!!
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Um, yeah, right. We just had DD's 6th b-day party in the little ceramics studio at the church where her school is. It's in the basement. It was $30 plus I paid for one ceramic item for each girl to paint. It lasted 2 hours, we had one table decorated with Tangled party stuff, they ate pizza and we had a grocery store cake (Tangled, of course). DD and her friends loved it. They painted, ate pizza and cake and ran in the halls. The woman running the studio was wonderful and was great with the kids. She said it was fine to let them run in the long, empty halls. Set up and clean up for me, minimal. Total cost around $200 for 10 girls, including enough food for the adults. My Mom and DH both said they thought it was the best party we've ever had for her.

To each his own. I just cannot fathom spending that much money/time on a party for a 5 year old. I wonder what that little girl's wedding will be like!

It was beautiful, though. I especially like the photos of the guests. Some of them are really cute, candid shots. I might have to keep that in mind for a milestone b-day for DD. What is a milestone b-day anyway? 13? 16? 50? - lol!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast