Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default What do your kids eat for breakfast?

Just out of curiosity, what do your kids have for breakfast? Our kids eat oatmeal every single morning and they have since they were babies. As the kids have gotten older (probably 3+ years old) they got tired of plain oatmeal, so we put some flavored cereals on top (cocoa puffs and cinnamon toast crunch are the current faves).

I love that they eat the same thing everyday, because it makes breakfast a no-brainer.

Eggos and then DH makes chocolate chip pancakes on Sunday. Not really nutritious but M can make it and it can be taken in the car.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We go through phases. It's been a cereal phase for a couple weeks because I am doing the whole eat-from-your-cupboard thing. It will probably be back to baked Oatmeal soon. We also do smoothies very regularly with a piece of cheese toast or something. Occasionally we do pop tarts or bagels. Baked Oatmeal is still our most frequent breakfast.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Virtually every single day, my kids eat:

Older DD: 1 scrambled egg, 1 Jones light sausage link, 1 slice whole wheat toast, small glass milk

Younger DD: Zbar and a cup of apple juice or soymilk Sometimes she eats toast instead. She is not a breakfast eater.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I saw Zbars on sale at Target and thought they were a pretty good price. I haven't really looked at the ingredients, but they are fairly healthy, right?

We have too many choices around here! Anything from cereal (Puffins cereal is the current favorite) to oatmeal, waffles, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to yogurt. I also buy drinkable yogurt smoothies for days when we don't have time to sit down and eat. The kids really like these.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

We do a rotation of things like: flax seed pancakes, frozen waffles, cereal, biscuits, toast and occasionally cinnamon rolls. My DC won't touch oatmeal or eggs.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I haven't really looked at the ingredients, but they are fairly healthy, right?
    I don't know that they are "healthy", but the ingredients list doesn't include anything that terrible.

It just bothers me that one kid eats a hot breakfast and the other one has a bar and juice. Sometimes she will eat Cheerios (Joe's Os) with soymilk. It is such a struggle to get her to eat anything at all in the morning. Sometimes we make whole wheat pancakes on the weekends and then I freeze the extras and she will eat those too.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I saw Zbars on sale at Target and thought they were a pretty good price. I haven't really looked at the ingredients, but they are fairly healthy, right?
    Zbars are cheapest I've ever seen at TJ's. $ .69. Is that beatable? I think that's cheapest, right?
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

They tend to all eat the same thing at least, but it varies. Generally during the week it's cold cereal. Right now they're hooked on the new cinnamon cheerios. For a while it was raisin bran. Weekends tends to be oatmeal or if DH gets up with them he will make pancakes (and leave everything for me to wash). Sometimes it's waffles. It's rare we have eggs... but we do eggs for dinner a lot.

This morning it was waffle strips and yogurt, and lots of fighting...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast