Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

DS fixes his own cold cereal most mornings. If I have time and he asks for it, he has oatmeal. Not big on breakfast here.

Catherine

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is this a confession thread? .

Most days I'm sleeping till the last possible minute, so DS grabs a z-bar or TJ's cereal bar. If I have 10 minutes or more from the time I get downstairs till bus time, I make him a frozen french toast. If there's more time than that, I make him oatmeal. He gets some milk before we go to the bus.

Weekends I make him eggs, turkey sausage, and sometimes frozen pancakes. On Sunday I'll often make a big breakfast.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Fairy, TJ is best price I have found in B&M store.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Is this a confession thread? .
    Oh no, I hope not. All of the answers seem like fine choices to me. I was really asking this question because it felt so repetitive to give my DC oatmeal every day. BUT, I am secretly hoping they stay with the oatmeal because it truly makes my mornings easier. Plus, it's instant oatmeal (which I understand isn't the best choice) and I put sugary cereal on top (at least it has "whole grains" in it ).

FWIW, we are big breakfast eaters here - we feel kind of sick/queasy if we don't eat anything. OTOH, my mom can't eat anything or she feels sick/queasy, lol.

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

They eat a variety. Weekends we do family breakfast, so that tends to be a bit more involved than weekday breakfasts.

Weekdays: cereal, cream of wheat, toast with eggs, frozen waffles or french toast (trader joe's ones)
    Weekends: we all eat pancakes with sausage, omelettes, homemade french toast with sausage or bacon, homemade scones with jam/devon cream, homemade muffins
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Weekdays it's oatmeal with milk, flax and some cinnamon, and a sprinkling of cinnamon Life cereal on top. (I cant believe someone else does the cereal trick, too! ) And they share a fried egg.

Weekends we do pancakes at least once, and maybe cereal or going out for breakfast on the other day.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

They go through spurts. For most of last year they were eating whole grain Lego waffles. I at least switched them over to real maple syrup. For the end of the winter going into the summer they were eating instant oatmeal. This past summer they were very into my Kashi Heart to Heart blueberry flakes. Most of this winter so far, they've been eating whole wheat cinnamon raison bread toasted with butter. I try to serve fruit with it on the side, but many times we just don't have time in the morning.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Pb&j

I offer all sorts of alternatives. Some days I just serve her something else and she skips breakfast. I'm looking forward to the next breakfast phase because I dislike the peanut butter smell in the morning.

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DS1 drinks organic milk laced with carnation instant breakfast. He usually wakes up at 8.10 so barely have time for breakfast. DS2 eats whatever I eat. Usually toast with some kind of protein.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS's daycare provides breakfast, so he usually eats there. He does often have a yogurt before he leaves the house. At daycare they have different things every day. Sometimes it's cereal or oatmeal, sometimes it's multigrain pancakes, sometimes eggs. DS really likes hard boiled eggs. They usually have fruit with breakfast every morning too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast