Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    zephyr is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Sea Sponge Tampons

Have any of you tried the sea sponge tampons? http://www.gladrags.com/p-35-jade-an...a-sponges.aspx I have tried the Diva cup and didn't like it so I was looking for an alternative to that and found these. Any feedback would be great!
    Zephyr

I haven't used them, ever, and I don't think I would... I guess I just wouldn't ever feel like they would ever be truly clean after using them....

I love my Diva cup- but I can understand if it isn't for everyone. Sea Sponge tampons... sort of give me the willies.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Interested to hear more. I like the idea. I can't use the Diva cup b/c of my IUD so an alternative to the mainstream stuff would be nice.

Uno-Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have nothing constructive to offer. But now you guys have me looped on that Southpark episode that kind of touches on these products. I won't go into it for reasons that you can probably guess ... but if you've seen it, you know the one I mean!

Often bumbling mother to baby girl "Sprog"
    Born November, 2009

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have to say, as someone who just uses pads and will always use pads, I have used tampons and still will if forced (e.g., no pads available). Never tried the Diva cup and just know it isn't for me. But sea sponge is not something I'd ever be willing to try. It's a creature. It was alive once. Can't stick it up my vajayjay. Interesting discussion, tho, I'll be lurking!
    Last edited by Fairy; 02-09-2011 at 02:32 AM.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Ceepa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Honestly my first reaction was "poor sea sponge."

Hope someone can answer your questions.

zephyr is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

You guys are funny!
    Zephyr

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    I have to say, as someone who just uses pads and will always use pads, I have used tampons and still will if forced (e.g., no pads available). Never tried the Diva cup and just know it isn't for me. But sea sponge is not something I'd ever be willing to try. It's a creature. It was alive once. Can't stick it up my vajayjay. Interesting discussion, tho, I'll be lurking!
    True that mama!!!

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Did you guys see the last part, below the description? Can you imagine buying these for someone as a gift??

Jade and Pearl Sea Sponge Tampons are another great reusable, all-natural internal menstrual option from the past. Sustainably harvested and naturally bleached with hydrogen peroxide, sea sponge tampons are easy to use and easy on your wallet. Your sea sponge tampons will last you at least six months.

To use, simply moisten or wash out and reinsert every 4 - 6 hours, or as often as you would change a tampon.* If you find the sponges you receive are too big, use scissors to trim around the perimeter until the desired size is reached.

Shopping for a special someone? Reusable Gift Bags are eco-friendly and make pretty presents! >>>
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

Quote Originally Posted by kep View Post
    Did you guys see the last part, below the description? Can you imagine buying these for someone as a gift??
    Well, Valentines Day IS right around the corner, now, isn't it????
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast