Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Support Thread for Parents of Picky Eaters

I truly believe that my children think that my daily goal is to make a supper that is "yucky". They won't eat anything and I am at my wits end. Does anyone know of a support group or forum or something that I can tap into to get support and information.

I follow the principle of I make the food and select the food and they can choose to eat how much and if. Unfortunately, they 99% of the time choose "if" to eat. We can't even go out to eat anywhere because they won't eat anything and we look like horrible parents not feeding our children.

I just can't take this anymore.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Bumping this... no one knows anything?
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have no idea, but I'll happily bump for you for the morning!
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don't know of any forum, but I know there are parents here who struggle with this as well. It is very frustrating I know.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

When you find the group, let me know. We suffer from this very thing. DS goes to bed without anything for dinner many nights because he chooses the If.

You mean my son isn't the only one that does that?

Every night it's either "I don't fink I like this" or "Did I used to like this?" - before he even takes a bite. I'm instilling the rule that you're not allowed to say that you don't like it until after you've had 2 bites of it.

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I feel you. DS2 makes me crazy. I would love to find some support as well.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

i'm with you. i think my son might be eating pureed soups until he's in college.

it's extremely stressful - i swear i never knew i could expend so much mental energy and anxiety over meal planning. and as each meal approaches, i get tense in anticipation of the battle.

i don't know any groups to support this

but wanted to let you know that i definitely sympathize.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

My 4 year old only eat food that is white or yellow... so crackers, goldfish, chicken nuggets, breat, toast, french fries, fish sticks, macaroni & cheese or plain pasta. He won't touch vegetables (doesn't like the texture or color) and the only fruit he will very occasionally try is a tiny bit of banana (figures - beause it's the right color). He is the worst eater I've ever encountered.

He's had some sensory problems with food and went through occupational therapy which didn't help him as much as I would have liked.

I currently give him a Pediasure each night because I'm worried he's not getting enough nutrients.

Dinnertime is sooooooo frustrating at our house. I haven't heard of any forums, but I would love to join other moms that are going through what I'm going through.

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am right there with you. I have the added stress of a DS with a handful of food allergies and a picky DH. I already feel so limited in what I can prepare and then I get the turned up noses for the most basic foods. The other night I made vegan pancakes (which I make all the time) and L told me they tasted like poison. Last night it was spaghetti and green beans- the only one who ate was C.

I have basically stopped cooking "real" meals because it' s a waste of time, effort, and money. It is extremely frustrating! M and C are growing fine, but they get more fat and protein in their diets with dairy. L, OTOH, is tiny. I'm actually calling the ped and allergist to get a rec for a nutritionist.

I don't know of any forums, but maybe we need to start a support thread in the kid food section!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast