Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
    I am in the middle of this right now also. DS just started wearing underwear, and does great at daycare where she takes him to the potty every half hour or so. He will have pee accidents at home when I don't get him to the potty frequently enough. He primarily poops during naps/early morning when still wearing diaper or pullup, but also is just as likely to poop in his underwear. As a PP stated, he will tell us where poop is supposed to go, but just doesn't want to do it. He does not seem scared to poop, and gets excited when he does poop in the potty.

Too bad it doesn't sound like there is any way to get them to start pooping consistently.

Yesterday evening he was pantless after wetting his pants. After an hour, I got him put to bed, then was cleaning up the house. Found his front loader toy with a nice poop in the loader. No mess anywhere else, so he obviously squatted and left a perfectly placed sample.
    We called him back downstairs, trying not to die laughing the entire time. At first he denied doing it, and said his daddy had pooped. Finally told us he had pooped in the tractor, but couldn't tell us why.
    I am dying of laughter about this! Sorry you are dealing with poop too. But that's a GREAT story. I don't know how you held in the laughter when you called him back downstairs. That took strength.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I wasn't holding the laughter in very well. Thankfully I have long hair and was able to just drop my head while my husband said "keep it together or I won't be able to"

3 days later and he is still not pooping in the potty. I can deal with poops in the diaper (right after I put it on to go to bed), but the poop in the underwear is so totally gross!
    mom to Billy 12/07

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2