Default anyone else with early Braxton-Hicks?

I had a day of pretty constant ones at 12 weeks and then they subsided for a while. But now I had some again yesterday and they have been pretty constant this morning. (I'll be 14 weeks on Sunday.) I know they're not unusual, especially with repeat pregnancies, and I read that they can start as early as the second month, but seriously? This is a little much. I really wanted to be more active during this pregnancy and am just now getting the energy to do it, but the constant B-H contractions are not only distracting, they make me nervous!

(I had them a lot with DS, but they didn't start until at least the fifth month if not the sixth. Everything went fine, but my midwife encouraged me to try to rest when they get too frequent. I don't want to be "resting" for the next six months!)
    Cheri

Mommy to...
    DD1 6/2/04
    DS 3/9/07
    and finally welcomed DD2 on 8/25/2011!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would call your doctor. I didn't have any BH with DD1 until about 37 weeks (which I mistook for the real thing so she was born at 37 w 6 d), and with DD2 I got them about the same time, but I made it to almost 39 weeks with DD2.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I started them at around 22-24 weeks and by 30ish weeks was on "light activity," no lifting, no standing for long periods, no long walks etc etc. I would try and hydrate a bunch and see if that helps and also call in to just let your Drs know and see what they say...
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

Thanks! I have an appointment on Tuesday so I'll check in with her then and just do lots of water and only light activity until then. From what I've read online it's pretty common, with only a few cases where it is concerning...but I don't want to be one of those.
    Cheri

Mommy to...
    DD1 6/2/04
    DS 3/9/07
    and finally welcomed DD2 on 8/25/2011!

I had them before I even knew I was pregnant this time! That's what pushed me out of denial. (Though I'd already taken two negative tests and one inconclusive.) I had them steadily from 8-10 weeks. I might have been a little dehydrated...

ETA: My doctor was not concerned at all about the Braxton-Hicks.
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MommytoEliana View Post
    Thanks! I have an appointment on Tuesday so I'll check in with her then and just do lots of water and only light activity until then. From what I've read online it's pretty common, with only a few cases where it is concerning...but I don't want to be one of those.
    Good. I had some spotting at 13 weeks with DD2 so I wasn't able to run any longer and I had to take it really easy for the next week or so. They never showed up again.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)