Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Showing at 7 weeks?

Is it normal to show this much earlier with consecutive pregnancies or am I really just gaining weight that fast?

This is my second pregnancy, and I didn't lose all of the weight from my first pregnancy before conceiving. My tummy pooch felt really flabby before the pregnancy though, and now it feels much more full. I'm already uncomfortable in my normal size pants, and I swear that I'm looking pregnant. I said something about it to DH today, and he said that it couldn't be the baby since it's just an inch big (thanks, hon... that means I'm just fat?)

I refuse to get on the scale right now because I have all day morning sickness. The only thing that helps at all is eating, but I don't feel like I'm eating much more than usual.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, I was showing almost immediately with DS2. It was tough to keep it a secret - I wore lots of baggy clothes and maternity clothes very early. Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I swear, I showed the day after conception with DD#2. Not kidding. I was HUGE soooo freakin' early, people thought I was having twins.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i showed almost *immediately* with the second pregnancy, it was ridiculous. and for teh first 2 mos i didn't gain weight either bc of morning sickness..but i definitely had a belly. i swear, at only 3 mos i looked 6 mos pregnant. at 6 months, strangers assumed i was full-term (were saying things like "must be due any day now, right?"). now at 7mo, i'm so huge people see me coming and step aside. LOL!

Well good. Glad to know I'm not just fat because I really do think that I'm looking pregnant, and I can feel my stomach touching the bed when I lie on my side. I have a new ob and had a conversation with her yesterday about how I gained 55lb with my first pregnancy and just do not want to do that again since I'm starting out 20lb higher than I did the first time. She lowered her voice and told me that he was over 200lb when she delivered her son! *gasp* Uhh... that's just 20lb away for me so... Thanks for thinking that 200lb is GIGANTIC, doc! *lol*

ETA: I'm over 5'7" so 200lb isn't as huge for me as it is for someone much shorter.
    Last edited by indigo99; 02-13-2011 at 12:04 AM.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

I started wearing larger clothes and maternity clothes much earlier with this pregnancy too. I feel like I've gained more weight than I actually have, fortunately! Congrats on your pregnancy, and I hope the nausea subsides before much longer.

veronica is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

For my current pregnancy, I took the test and was out of my clothes that same week. My uterus was completely out. I hadn't gained weight that week, it just popped out. then I did start to gain some weight, which is so odd for me in the beginning.

turns out, it is twins. I could pretty much tell after that first week. My uterus/belly had already started to feel "heavy".
    DD 12/05
    DS 07/07
    Twin DS's 5.18.2011

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Indigo99, you sound so much like me. I was definitely wearing maternity clothes to my first OB appointment at 8 weeks. I didn't weigh myself my last week, but I was definitely around (& maybe over) 200 lbs when my 2nd was born. NO ONE said anything about my weight, and I'm taking it from your OB that she won't, either.

The dress I wore to the hospital with #1 was outgrown in the second trimester, and I ended up needing new, bigger maternity clothes to get me through the rest of the pregnancy. But baby #2's birth weight was within 4 oz of #1.

The good news for me was that I found it much easier to lose weight after #2, so now I'm finally back to what I weighed before my first. That didn't happen for me between pregnancies, either. I still want to lose weight, but the baby weight is gone.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

After the first pregnancy, your abdominal muscles never really completely return to their original state. No matter what you do to get back into shape, they will always be a little stretched out. So that's why most women feel/appear the bump sooner with subsequent pregnancies.

Good luck all!
    DS 1 4/03
    DS 2 7/05
    ?? due 10/11

Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
    ~ Lin Yutang

Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
    ~ Elizabeth Stone

wimama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Count me in as another one that is already much bigger with her second. I swear I look like I am four or five months pregnant and I am only 10 weeks along. By the end of my DS's pregnancy people were asking me if I was having twins. So, I am starting bigger this time and I am assuming I am going to be even bigger this time. Maybe they will all ask if I am having triplets this time.

I still had quite a bit of baby tummy left from DS pregnancy, but by the time I hit 6-7 weeks my tummy wasn't flabby anymore, it is all firm. Crazy how a little tiny baby can make you tummy look so big.
    Amy -
    J - Spring 2006
    E - September 2011

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast